ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group

Re: Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group 4 years, 2 months ago #7

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 6 Jan, 2020 At 22:28
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group.

Good evening..........

Please be aware, I am not giving you a political answer, nor am I answering as I would a political opponent.

I am giving you an honest reply.

I note that you write several times about my being your Cllr and you my constituent, which is quite correct, but I'm sure even you do not expect me to serve on every single council committee.

I think if you check that I serve on more council committees that almost every other Cllr on ERC and certainly more than any other ward 4 Cllr

Your views, and that of every resident who takes part in the consultation, will all be taken into consideration

Regards

Stewart

Re: Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group 4 years, 2 months ago #8

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
-------- Original message --------
Date:07/01/2020 23:17 (GMT+00:00)
To: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group.

Hi Stewart

Thanks for this.

But again you talk no sense.

I do not write to you about you being my Cllr and I being your constituent.

I write and/or contact you because you are my Councillor and I am your constituent.

Is this not the democratic process?

For the life of me, I cannot think of why else I would write to and/or contact you.

Again you talk no sense.

I have never suggested and/or made a request that you serve on any committee or have ever expected you to serve on every single committee.

You did not write to and/or contact me before you joined these committees.

I have no problem with publicising your membership of these committees, but I think joining them was your own choice.

Councillor Miller's profile.
Membership of Committees

Appeals Committee
Audit and Scrutiny Committee (Chair)
Cabinet (Police and Fire)
Civic Hospitality Committee
Education Appeals Committee
Joint Consultative Committee (1st Tier)
Licensing Committee
Planning Applications Committee
Local Review Body

Membership of Statutory and Other Bodies

COSLA Convention
East Renfrewshire Community Planning Partnership Board
East Renfrewshire Renewable Energy Fund (Substitute)
Glasgow and the Clyde Valley Strategic Development Planning Authority Joint Committee
West of Scotland Archaeological Service Joint Committee

You did not say that you accept payment of £21,245.00 pa for being a Councillor(£16,994.00 plus payment for your role as Chair of Audit and Scrutiny Committee).

(However, if you do not accept the payment and/or donate the payment to Charity (or other) then please do let me know.)

Again in light of there being no representation on the group from Busby, Clarkston, Netherlee, Williamwood my request was that (as you are my Councillor and I am your constituent) you ensure the views of all your constituents are heard and given due consideration by the Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group.

I don't think this unreasonable or time consuming.

Others must also share these views and/or concerns.

Is this not the democratic process ?

Again, your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group 4 years, 2 months ago #9

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 8 Jan, 2020 At 09:11

Good morning Sir

Thank you for all the information below of which I am well aware

I have patiently tried to explain to you exactly how this cross party working group will operate and to assure you that there will be full public consultation but without success

Can I recommend that you write to either the council leader or CEO who may explain it better

Thank you for your time and concern in this matter

Regards

Stewart

Re: Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group 4 years, 2 months ago #10

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Wallace is a member of Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group

From: "Wallace, Gordon (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 8 Jan, 2020 At 12:47
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group

Thank you for your email and the list of questions contained therein with reference to the above.

I would advise you make contact with a councillor(s) from your own Ward (Ward 4 - Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood - link below), whom I am sure will be only to happy to address your concerns and answer any queries you may have.

I would recommend Councillor Stewart Miller but please note that data protection restricts me from forwarding your details to him.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards

Gordon Wallace
Councillor
Giffnock & Thornliebank

To: "Wallace, Gordon (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 8 Jan, 2020 At 19:32
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group

Hi Gordon

Thanks for this.

Sorry, I wrote to you as I understood you were a member of this working group.

Is this not the case?

Are members of the Working Group not to be contacted?

I am concerned that there is no representation on the working group regarding Busby, Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood residents.

In light of there being no representation on the group from Busby, Clarkston, Netherlee, Williamwood my request to you was that as a member of the Working Group you could ensure that the views/concerns of all residents/constituents are heard and given due consideration by the Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group.

In the circumstances I don't think it is an unreasonable and/or time consuming request.

These are not extreme views/concerns.

What is the problem in getting these views/concerns included in the terms of reference and/or agenda of the working group?

However I must say your reply doesn't exactly fill me with any great hope regarding openness and transparency and/or any meaningful consultation.

As I have already been in contact with Cllr Miller (who was not really happy to 'address your concerns and answer any queries you may have' )

'......there being no representation on the group from Busby, Clarkston, Netherlee, Williamwood my request was that (as you are my Councillor and I am your constituent) you ensure the views of all your constituents are heard and given due consideration by the Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group.'

you have my permission to contact/discuss with him regarding the matter(as he has to contact/discuss with you).

Your further help with this matter will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group 4 years, 2 months ago #11

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Wednesday, 8 Jan, 2020 At 18:33
Subject: Fwd: Cllr Wallace and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group

Hi Stewart

Please see below from Cllr wallace who is a member of Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group?

Doesn't exactly fill me with any great hope regarding meaningful consultation.

Over to you

Thanks

From: "Wallace, Gordon (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 8 Jan, 2020 At 12:47
Subject: Re:Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group

Thank you for your email and the list of questions contained therein with reference to the above.

I would advise you make contact with a councillor(s) from your own Ward (Ward 4 - Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood - link below), whom I am sure will be only to happy to address your concerns and answer any queries you may have.

I would recommend Councillor Stewart Miller but please note that data protection restricts me from forwarding your details to him.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards

Gordon Wallace
Councillor
Giffnock & Thornliebank

Re: Councillors and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group 4 years, 2 months ago #12

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: Thursday, 9 Jan, 2020 At 08:18
Subject: Re: Cllr Wallace and Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group

At the risk of repeating myself yet again, I did refer you to the people who proposed and agreed to set up the working group which were Cllr Buchanan and the council's CEO

Regards
Stewart

To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Friday, 10 Jan, 2020 At 10:06

Hi Cllr Buchanan

I refer to my email request of 3/1/2020 and the emails below from Cllr Miller instructing me to contact yourself regarding my request of 3/1/2020 to have the views/concerns of Busby, Clarkston, Netherlee, Williamwood residents/constituents addressed in the terms of reference and/or agenda of the Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group.

I would appreciate answer/reply/update regarding this and the current state of the group.

Thanks

Sent: Monday, 20 Jan, 2020 At 09:48

Hi Cllr Buchanan

Would appreciate reply in order that I can update Cllr Miller.

Thanks

-------- Original message --------
Date:23/01/2020 11:34 (GMT+00:00)
To: "Miller, Stewart (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Stewart

As instructed by yourself, I have emailed Cllr Buchanan.

However Cllr Buchanan has so far ignored my email (see below) and failed to respond.

Would appreciate if you can ask Cllr Buchanan for a response.

Your help with this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, 23 Jan, 2020 At 17:51

Dear Sir

If the leader of the Council chooses not to respond to you, that is his perogative and is entirely up to him.

If you wish to complain, please find the procedure on the councils Web site

Regards
Stewart
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds