ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ?

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #25

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
++++++++++

£80,000.00 for consultants and more Council Staff !!!

+++++++++++++

4.Next steps

4.1 Fundamental challenges are two fold; 1) staff resource and capacity 2) procurement of necessary materials. Delivery of COVID Response Measures are further complicated by high workloads and quick turnaround times associated with proposals, placing additional pressure on finite resources.

4.2 Consultancy Services

4.2.1 In order to address delivery challenges a key recommendation is the procurement of consultancy services through a competitive tender exercise. This is in order to support Roads & Transportation staff with dynamic operational planning and delivery of key Response Measures throughout 2020/21.

4.2.2 The package of services will include additional support staff to advance developed designs, tendering support for materials / contractors, site supervision and development of an ongoing monitoring and evaluation framework. Estimated costs for consultancy support services is estimated at £80,000.

4.2.3 Under normal circumstances this contract would be subject to competitive tender ‘mini-competition’ under the Scotland Excel Framework with an approximate lead in time of 2-3 months. In order to expedite the tender approval, permission is required to proceed with an exemption to usual tender processes via corporate procurement clause “where the Director of the procuring department is satisfied that special circumstances apply (such as an urgent need to fulfil an ongoing Council function otherwise incapable of performance)”. Should approval be forthcoming, services could be procured through an expedited and competitive ‘Direct Award’ process under the same framework.

4.3 Creation of temporary Assistant post

4.3.1 Creation of a temporary ‘Spaces for People Assistant’ post is considered essential in order to assist in ‘day to day’ efforts including basic surveys/audits, site visits and assist with development and distribution of community engagement materials. In cooperation with the HR team a Job Description and Person Specification has been completed with a Request to Recruit currently pending.

END OF REPORT

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #26

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
COST OF INITIATIVES

East Renfrewshire "Bike & Roll" Corridors; outline costs

Scheme
Total Length (m)
Total Cost (high-Level)
Lower end costs (estimate)
Additional expenditure
Funding request

A77 Fenwick Road
£112,135
£90,000
Additional civils for bus stop accessibility. Sustainable Transport Corridors (Giffnock). Light segregation - wands.
£100,000

A727 Eastwood Toll
£81,058
£50,000
Temp crossing facility Rouken Glen Road - Park
£60,000

*Clarkston to Netherlee
£137,155
£100,000
Additional civils for bus stop accessibility & restricted crossing. Light segregation - units.
£130,000

*A77 Ayr Rd & Eastwood Toll
£498,720
£350,000
Eastwood Toll (cones & signage solution). Additional civils for bus stop accessibility. Light segregation - wand.
£400,000

* Average total cost (high level) / 100m = £6,234

Additional spend (to be supported by any underspend from above)
Proposal
(Estimate)
(Estimate)
(Estimate)

Glasgow City Council allocation A77 (ERC boundary - Shawlands)
£100,000
£100,000
£100,000

School Travel walking/cycling bus (staff costs) & support
£30,000
£30,000
£30,000

School Zones collapsible bollards around schools - operational am/pm peak
£50,000
£50,000
£50,000

Neighbourhood Zones/Active Travel routes strategic road closures & temporary AT measures to support proposals
£50,000
£50,000
£50,000

Town Centre Travel MapsPromotional material to support economic recovery plan
£10,000
£10,000
£10,000

Total: £1,069,068 £830,000 £930,000

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #27

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
CURRENT COSTS/SPEND

Project Code
WO No.
To
Description of Works
Current Year Estimate
PO No.
Expenditure to date
Comments

STAFF COSTS
20/8396/001
TBC
HOS
Staff costs
£50,000.00
N/A
£22,126.10
extract from timesheet system (23 March - 10 July 2020)

CONSULTANTS CONSULTANTS
20/8396/001
Aecom
Transport Response to C19: Phase 2 Development - multi-modal corridors; design development & safety audit for temporary measures
£10,000.00
£10,715.00
Invoice attached

20/8396/001
Mott MacDonald
Transport Response to C19: Traffic Neighbourhoods & School Zones
£10,000.00
£9,350.00
Invoice attached

20/8396/001
Aecom
Transport Response to C19: Developed design
£10,000.00
£10,950.00
Invoice attached

MATERIALS MATERIALS
20/8396/001
Mallatite Ltd.
Traffic Cones/No Waiting Cones/Barrier Tape
£5,395.70
£5,395.70
3 invoices attached

20/8396/001
Mallatite Ltd.
Correx signs & cable ties
£708.00
£708.00
Invoice attached

20/8396/001
Mallatite Ltd.
Signs - bespoke
£5,354.45
£6,062.45
Invoices attached (166165 &166225)

20/8396/001
N/A
Sneddon Signs Transport Response to C19: signing
£448.00
£448.00
Invoice attached

20/8396/002
RCU Installation of C19 measures
£10,000.00
N/A
£428.62
TBC (internal recharge)

20/8396/001
Mallatite Ltd.
various signs & cones
£9,837.40
£4,580.40
Invoice attached

Total Current Year Estimate
£111,743.55

Total Expenditure to date
£70,764.27

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #28

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Sunday, 16 Aug, 2020 At 14:38
Subject: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll - Old Drove Road request

Hi

New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll

During the lockdown and as Gym remains closed, I have been and am currently walking our local area for my exercise.

I enjoy a bit of the countryside by walking Flenders Road, Low Flenders Road, Waterfoot Road, Eaglesham Road, Mearns Road.

There is a path between Flenders Road and Waterfoot Road(Mearns Golf Academy) called the Old Drove Road(see attached picture).

This is a pleasant although a rougher path.

However, It is mostly very muddy/waterlogged.

Being a bit rougher does not concern me, but the amount of mud and lying water will deter many from using this path.

Would appreciate if you can raise the matter under the above mentioned initiative to have this path treated with grit/gravel/bark? to make it more accessible to everyone.

Not looking for anything fancy, but something that will cover the mud and quickly dry out making it easier to walk for all.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Sunday, 23 Aug, 2020 At 10:34
Subject: Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll - Old Drove Road request

Hi

Would appreciate courtesy of a reply.

Thanks

Sent: Monday, 7 Sep, 2020 At 09:27
Subject: Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll - Old Drove Road request

Hi Stewart

As I still walk this area, would appreciate courtesy of a reply.

I understand -Please be aware we have been awarded an additional £930k from the Sustrans’ Spaces for People programme, in addition to the £100k announced in May/June 2020, to help deliver our programme.

Thanks

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #29

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
+++++++++++
Cllr Miller could not be bothered to reply.

Nothing else was heard until suddenly out of the blue........

+++++++++++

From: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 2 Oct, 2020 At 17:14
Subject: Old Drove Road

Thank you for raising the condition of the Old Drove Road.

I understand it has been well used over lockdown.

I suspect I know the very wet area, at the low point where water runs off the golf course, I’ve had a look at installing a pipe under the path here before.

Unfortunately the Drove Road is privately owned and the owners’s obligations only extend so far as to not obstruct the route, not actually maintain it.

I do not currently have a budget to undertake any improvement work.

I will be vigilant in keeping an eye out for possible sources of funding that could be directed towards this path.

Regards
Mark Brand
Planning Officer
Strategic Planning

Sent: Friday, October 2, 2020 5:29:36 PM
To: Brand, Mark < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: Old Drove Road

Hi Mark

Thanks for this.

Would appreciate if you would clarify -

How did you find out?/Who contacted you? regarding me raising the condition of the Old Drove Road?

Who owns the Drove Road?

You say - ' I do not currently have a budget to undertake any improvement work.' and 'I will be vigilant in keeping an eye out for possible sources of funding that could be directed towards this path.'

You will be aware that -

ERC have been awarded an additional £930k from the Sustrans’ Spaces for People programme, in addition to the £100k announced in May/June 2020, to help deliver our programme.

There is more than just 1 wet area. I would say most of the middle section of the path is muddy/waterlogged and nearly impossible for ordinary folks to negotiate.

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

From: "Brand, Mark" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 2 Oct, 2020 At 17:57

Your message was passed to me through internal systems when it was noted the Drove Road is a right of way, rights of way are part of my remit.

I believe the North end of the Drove Road is part of Flenders Farm but I'm not sure who owns the section near what was Barrance Farm.

I've had a quick look at the land register and it shows the surrounding land has been sold but not the track.

I suppose no housebuilder would buy it being a liability that cannot be built on.

The free to view page of the register does not say who bought or sold the land.

I will approach the holder of the purse strings for the fund you mention but I am not familiar with the eligibility criteria.

The funder may have placed restrictions on how and where the money can be spent.

Thank you for the report on the conditions underfoot.

I have walked the route in a dry summer and it seemed fine but of course conditions can vary wildly from one week to the next.

I hope this is useful.

Mark Brand

Re: New fund will encourage residents across East Renfrewshire to get on their bike or take a stroll ? 3 years, 5 months ago #30

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
++++++++++

Cllr Miller was asked to help............

++++++++++

Sent: 02 October 2020 18:57
To: Miller, Stewart (Cllr) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Stewart

Would appreciate if you can read below and give any further information you can to help myself and Mark Brand with this matter.

'------ Original Message ------
Sent: Friday, 2 Oct, 2020 At 17:57
Your message was passed to me through internal systems when it was noted the Drove Road is a right of way, rights of way are part of my remit.
I believe the North end of the Drove Road is part of Flenders Farm but I'm not sure who owns the section near what was Barrance Farm.
I've had a quick look at the land register and it shows the surrounding land has been sold but not the track.
I suppose no housebuilder would buy it being a liability that cannot be built on.
The free to view page of the register does not say who bought or sold the land.
I will approach the holder of the purse strings for the fund you mention but I am not familiar with the eligibility criteria. The funder may have placed restrictions on how and where the money can be spent.
Thank you for the report on the conditions underfoot. I have walked the route in a dry summer and it seemed fine but of course conditions can vary wildly from one week to the next.
I hope this is useful.
Mark Brand
Sent: Friday, 2 Oct, 2020 At 17:14
Subject: Old Drove Road
Thank you for raising the condition of the Old Drove Road. I understand it has been well used over lockdown. I suspect I know the very wet area, at the low point where water runs off the golf course, I’ve had a look at installing a pipe under the path here before.
Unfortunately the Drove Road is privately owned and the owners’s obligations only extend so far as to not obstruct the route, not actually maintain it. I do not currently have a budget to undertake any improvement work.
I will be vigilant in keeping an eye out for possible sources of funding that could be directed towards this path.
Regards
Mark Brand
Planning Officer
Strategic Planning'

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds