(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cllr Caroline Bamforth - MSP ?

Cllr Caroline Bamforth - MSP ? 3 years, 6 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published The Extra On Line -

5/10/2020

East Renfrewshire Councillor puts herself forward to be SNP candidate for Eastwood

East Renfrewshire councillor Caroline Bamforth is putting herself forward to be the SNP candidate for Eastwood in next year’s Holyrood elections.

By Drew Sandelands, Local Democracy Reporter
Monday, 5th October 2020, 6:23 am

East Renfrewshire councillor Caroline Bamforth

Ms Bamforth, who currently represents Newton Mearns South and Eaglesham, believes she has the “local knowledge and experience” for the role.

She said she has a “solid track record” as a councillor to prove it.

“Having lived in Eastwood with my family for 21 years, this community matters very much to me,” Ms Bamforth said.

“If you want to see what kind of MSP I would be, then look no further than my work as a local councillor.

“The job of an MSP is to serve the needs of their constituents, someone who works hard for, and champions, local communities.

“I have the local knowledge and experience, in both work and life, to represent this constituency and have a solid track record as a councillor to prove it.

“I have worked hard to build trust and relationships with local groups.”

Ms Bamforth is currently a member of East Renfrewshire Council’s cabinet and education committee as well as convener for health and social care.

As convener, she chairs meetings of East Renfrewshire’s Integration Joint Board.

“I am a non-executive director of NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde and a COSLA health and social care board member,” she added.

“While I use these roles to help defend the rights of the most vulnerable in our society, to give them a voice, it also gives me insight into the immense challenges we face.

“These roles currently involve working with the Scottish Government to influence, shape and implement public health policy.

“Health has never been a more important topic, given the current pandemic.”

Ms Bamforth believes independence is needed to achieve “a fairer, inclusive Scotland”.

“A country which works for everyone,” she said. “This is not a vision shared by Westminster.

“The time is here for Scotland to be a nation again and this aim should be front and centre of all our campaigning, especially given the added uncertainty of a Brext we didn’t vote for.

“I will combine working hard for my community, while fighting for independence for my country, so we can live in the country we desire, not one inflicted on us.”

Re: Cllr Caroline Bamforth - MSP ? 3 years, 6 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Previously -

Cllr Annette Ireland has posted on their facebook page -

18/9/2020

Cllr Annette Ireland
15 hrs ·

Delighted to confirm that I have, this afternoon, received confirmation that I have been added to the approved list of potential SNP candidates for the upcoming Scottish Parliament elections.

I am therefore delighted to announce that I will be asking SNP members in Eastwood to select me as their candidate to go forward for the Scottish Parliament elections next year.

From the outset, I’d like to wish my fellow candidates the best of luck in the selection process and hope that we can all show the true strength and depth of those wishing to represent Eastwood.

I have lived in this constituency for many years.

This is my home, and the people here deserve a candidate with an abundance of local knowledge.

At a time when community spirit is absolutely vital we need MSP’s who understand the needs of our local area and will fight to represent them.

It would be my absolute honour to represent the people of Eastwood in our Parliament.

I will always have a passion for Independence as well as the drive and determination to work towards both a fairer Eastwood and a fairer Scotland for all.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds