LOCAL ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR 3 years, 6 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Annette Ireland has posted on their facebook page -

9/10/2020

Cllr Annette Ireland
4 hrs ·

❗️ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR - UPDATE❗️

I have been contacted by several local residents and have spoken to Police Scotland and the council’s Warden’s Service in recent weeks regarding the large number of anti-social behaviour incidents in and around Clarkston.

I am extremely concerned about the increase in anti-social behaviour and have stressed the importance of keeping Clarkston safe to Police Scotland and our Wardens Service.

They have in turn informed me that this has been brought to the attention of the Community Police Team and a plan has been created to try and address these issues, including additional police resources and liaising with British Transport Police to target these areas of concern.

In addition, our CCTV control room will be paying very close attention to Clarkston and the campus police officers will engage with pupils within our local schools on this issue.

I have asked for additional CCTV coverage on Moray Drive towards the entrance to Overlee Park and I have had it confirmed that this is now planned for this area in the coming weeks.

I have also requested that extra attention be paid to Clarkston over the coming weeks and I would ask that if anyone sees any anti-social behaviour, that they contact either 101 or ERC’s Ring and Report line on 0800 013 0076 immediately.

Re: LOCAL ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR 3 years, 6 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr David MacDonald has posted on their facebook page -

9/10/2020

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people
50 mins ·

I have been calling on increased CCTV for 3 + years.

I wrote to Cllr Merrick, the Covener for community safety on numerous occasions starting in the summer of 2017 highlighting the constant anti-social behaviour in certain parts of the ward and not only did he completely disagree with me for the need for CCTV throughout the area along with CCTV mobile units I asked for, he laughed it off and suggested I should keep quiet and stop suggesting things were bad publicly because, and I quote, " you will negatively affect people's house prices".

What a ridiculous suggestion and an example of head in the sand mentality.

Most recently I wrote several letters to various senior police officers, the last area commander and the present one along with officers at the council and the only one who has responded positively and assured me that CCTV is being considered in cooperation with the council is Inspector Scott who has been nothing short of fantastic in keeping me informed.

So a certain ward councillor can attempt to stand on her wee political mole Hill and shout as loudly as she wants in some sort of silly attempt to claim sole responsibility for bringing in CCTV.

It has been a collaborative effort that all councillors have been working on.

Cllr Lafferty and Cllr Miller have done their bit historically and I thank them for their efforts.

The Police have informed all ward councillors that consideration is being made to additional CCTV cameras in hot spot areas in cooperation with the council.

Please disregard anything contrary to that.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds