ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - It is important we know who they are representing !
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - It is important we know who they are representing !

Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - It is important we know who they are representing ! 3 years, 4 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Thursday, 15 Oct, 2020 At 13:04
Subject: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - Eastwood Park New Leisure Trust Build/Facilities

Dear Eamonn Daly and Lesley Fry

Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - Eastwood Park New Leisure Trust Build/Facilities

Would appreciate if you will answer these queries and give the requested information.

You are aware that East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust(ERCLT) make no secret and have made it public that they are in competition with other Leisure Facility Providers and some Hospitality(eg Wedding) Providers.

This competition will presumably include the provision of new Leisure Trust Build/Facilities to take custom away from these other Leisure Facility Providers etc.

This would appear to raise the several issues below and to raise an issue with Councillors and Leisure Trust Board Members concerning their interests regarding these competitors.

You will be aware that Councillors who are members of East Renfrewshire Culture & Leisure Trust Board

- are there in a private capacity and not present to reflect the needs of the council

- must place the interest of the trust before that of the Local Authority, including councillors and officers.

Please clarify who Councillors/Leisure Trust Board members are representing on the Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group.

The names of Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group members

- representing East Renfrewshire Council(ERC)

- representing East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust

If members are representing both ERC and ERCLT

Please clarify when they are

- representing East Renfrewshire Council

How can East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers identify contributions made to the Member/Officer Working Group by members on behalf of/representing -

- East Renfrewshire Council ?

- East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust?

As said, Councillors who are members of East Renfrewshire Culture & Leisure Trust Board

- are there in a private capacity and not present to reflect the needs of the council

- must place the interest of the trust before that of the Local Authority, including councillors and officers.

It is therefore important that East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers can identify contributions made to the Member/Officer Working Group by members when

- representing East Renfrewshire Council

Leisure Trust Members will not be responsible for the £40M - £60M Finance/Cost of any of the options or proposals they make of providing the new Leisure Buildings/Facilities.

As said, the Leisure Trust considers itself a Commercial Business and as part of its Commercial activities has made it public that it is in competition with other Leisure Facility and Hospitality Providers.

It is not inconceivable that Trust members will make recommendations to include facilities that are intended to take custom away from, and will put these competitors at a distinct disadvantage.

It is not inconceivable that Councillors who are Members of and/or give financial contributions (members fees etc) to these Leisure Trust competitors will have access to information including financial information that could be of use to these competitors in competing with/against the Leisure Trust.

It is therefore important that East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers are able to identify when contributions are made to the Member/Officer Working Group by Leisure Trust Board members as they could be making these with a view to helping this competition and taking custom from these other Leisure Facility and Hospitality Providers.

Leisure Trust Board members are not responsible for Finance/Cost of any of the proposals the make or options they favour.

It is therefore important that all Councillors make Declaration of Interest if they are Members of and/or give financial contributions(members fees etc) to any of these Leisure Facility and Hospitality Providers that the Leisure Trust have declared they are in competition with.

It is important that Council Officials, Councillors and ERCLT Board Members are open and transparent in regard to this matter and in order that East Renfrewshire Council Tax Payers have confidence in this process/matter -

It is important that all Members of the Member/Officer Working Group make Declaration of Interest if they are Members of and/or give financial contributions(members fees etc) to any of these Leisure Facility and Hospitality Providers that the Leisure Trust have declared they are in competition with.

It is important that if this matter goes to Full Council for approval that all Councillors make Declaration of Interest if they are Members of and/or give financial contributions(members fees etc) to any of these Leisure Facility and Hospitality Providers that the Leisure Trust have declared they are in competition with.

Your help with this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Tuesday, 27 Oct, 2020 At 17:54
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - Eastwood Park New Leisure Trust Build/Facilities

Dear Eamonn Daly and Lesley Fry

Would appreciate acknowledgement/response.

Thanks

Sent: Wednesday, 4 Nov, 2020 At 09:22
Subject: Re: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - Eastwood Park New Leisure Trust Build/Facilities

Hi

It is now 14 working days with no acknowledgement/response to my request for information made 15 October 2020.

Would appreciate courtesy of acknowledgement/response.

Thanks

Re: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - It is important we know who they are representing ! 3 years, 4 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Cc: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Saturday, 14 Nov, 2020 At 10:14
Subject: Request for Review - Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - Eastwood Park New Leisure Trust Build/Facilities

Chief Officer (Legal and Procurement)
Council Headquarters
Rouken Glen Road
Giffnock
G46 6UG

I wish to request FOI Review.

My reasons for requesting review are -

I received no acknowledgement and/or response to my request sent 15 October 2020(attached below).

20 Working Days have have passed and I have had no acknowledgement and/or response to my request for information sent 15 October 2020(attached below)

I did not specifically make a FOI request for this information as I was not looking for specific documentation but looking for information that would be known/held.

However, as it has been my experience that ERC may treat such requests as FOI requests, I wish to request FOI Review.

Gerry Mahon, The Chief Officer Legal & Procurement, has previously stated that for the Council, FoI is normally a 2 stage process -

'As you will be aware the Council's response to an FOI request does not merely revolve around the initial request but also the review process. It is hoped that any human error in relation to the 1st part of the process is properly remedied at the 2nd stage.'

I still require the specific requested information made in my email request of 15 October 2020.

Thanks

Re: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - It is important we know who they are representing ! 3 years, 4 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Fry, Lesley" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 18 Nov, 2020 At 15:52
Subject: RE: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - Eastwood Park New Leisure Trust Build/Facilities

Good afternoon

I write to acknowledge receipt of your email.

Regards
Lesley Fry
Secretary to Director of Environment
East Renfrewshire Council

To: "Fry, Lesley" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 18 Nov, 2020 At 16:05
Subject: RE: Eastwood Park Member/Officer Working group - Eastwood Park New Leisure Trust Build/Facilities

Hi Lesley( and Eamonn Daly)

Thank you for acknowledging receipt of my email sent on 15 October 2020.

As it is now 18 November 2020, would appreciate if you can let me know when I can expect response.

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds