(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Police Incident Clarkston Toll

Police Incident Clarkston Toll 3 years, 1 month ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
6/3/2021

Cllr David MacDonald has posted on his facebook page -

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for Eastwood is in Clarkston, East Renfrewshire.
1 hr ·

This is a very unfortunate scene taking place at Clarkston toll tonight involving the use of Police Scotland's only Police helicopter, taking a ground response of 10+ vehicles and 20+ police officers on the scene.

It is my understanding that the officers deployed pepper spray on some individuals to defend themselves while being assaulted.

This has taken away valuable police resources from other areas to Police this.

As a matter of proper process I will be in contact with the area commander at Police Scotland this evening to get a full understanding of what took place and who was responsible along with working with the community safety team at the council to make sure we can stamp this behaviour out.

I feel so sorry for our courageous and hard working Police Officers having to deal with this utter BS putting their lives at risk, working while unvaccinated and unnecessarily coming into very close contact with people who simply refuse to act responsibly or within the boundaries of the current restrictions.

Re: Police Incident Clarkston Toll 3 years, 1 month ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Your Clarkston
1 hr ·

Dozens of cops race to Scots street amid 'large scale disturbance'

Dozens of police officers have been called to reports of a large-scale disturbance near the southside of Glasgow.

Scores of marked vehicles have lined the street in Clarkston, East Renfrewshire, following reports of anti-social behaviour by several groups of youths.

A picture from the scene shows a heavy police presence on Busby Road while a force helicopter has been drafted in to scour the surrounding area.

It is understood that the several youths, who were allegedly seen drinking in the streets, have run into the woodland near Williamwood High School.

It is not currently known if any arrests have been made.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Officers were called to reports of a disturbance in woodland to the rear of Williamwood High School in Clarkston.

Re: Police Incident Clarkston Toll 3 years, 1 month ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Published Daily Record On Line -

News
Dozens of cops race to Scots street amid 'large scale disturbance'

Officers have been called to Busby Road and the surrounding streets in Clarkston following reports of anti-social behaviour by large gangs of youths since around 5.35pm on Saturday.

by Sarah Vesty
22:02, 6 Mar 2021Updated22:34, 6 Mar 2021

Dozens of police officers have been called to reports of a large-scale disturbance near the southside of Glasgow.

Scores of marked vehicles have lined the street in Clarkston, East Renfrewshire, following reports of anti-social behaviour by several groups of youths.

Police were first called to the scene at around 5.35pm on Saturday, March 6, but are currently still in attendance.

A picture from the scene shows a heavy police presence on Busby Road while a force helicopter has been drafted in to scour the surrounding area.

It is understood that the several youths, who were allegedly seen drinking in the streets, have run into the woodland near Williamwood High School.

Re: Police Incident Clarkston Toll 3 years, 1 month ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Toll2.jpg

Re: Police Incident Clarkston Toll 3 years, 1 month ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
7/3/2021

Published Barrhead News On Line -

News

32 mins ago

Clarkston: Five teenagers arrested after cops break up group of up to 100 youths

By Ema Sabljak @emasabljak Multimedia Journalist

Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with a "large-scale" disturbance in East Renfrewshire.

Dozens of police vehicles were called to Busby Road, in Clarkston, around 7pm last night.

Cops broke up a group that consisted of up to 100 youths.

One of the arrested boys, aged 15, will be reported in connection to the alleged possession of an offensive weapon.

The four boys and the girl who were arrested will be the subject of a report to the relevant authorities.

Nobody was injured in the incident.

A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Around 7pm on Saturday, 6 March, 2021, police were called to a large scale disturbance in a wooded area off Busby Road, Clarkston.

As a result of the incident, five teenage youths, four males and one female, were arrested and will be the subject of a report to the relevant authorities/agencies.

"One of the male youths, aged 15 years, will be reported in relation to allegedly being in possession of an offensive weapon.

"No one was injured as a result of the incident.

"The group which initially comprised up to 100 youths has since been dispersed.

Officers will remain in the area carrying out routine patrols."

Re: Police Incident Clarkston Toll 3 years, 1 month ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Ireland has posted on their facebook page -

Cllr Annette Ireland
7 March at 09:26 ·

Antisocial Behaviour - Clarkston 🚨

I love where I live, its a fantastic place with amazing local parks, fantastic shops and such great community spirit but I was appalled by what I saw on social media last night in the centre of Clarkston.

I have been liaising with local police, the wardens and Transport Police for some time on this matter.

I know how seriously they take these incidents and I have been happy to see extra police attention in our local area after previous recent events.

I have also been very happy with plans for additional CCTV to cover the entrance to Overlee.

But after last night I will, again, be speaking to local Police Scotland officers and ERC's community wardens team to find out what exactly happened and will be asking what we can put in place to try and prevent this from happening again.

I will, as always, continue to work alongside Police Scotland, ERC and the local Community Councils on this issue.

In the meantime, if you see any instances of anti social behaviour please call 101 or ERC's Ring and Report team immediately.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds