ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm

Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm 2 years, 8 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Corporate and Community Services Department
Council Headquarters, Eastwood Park, Giffnock, East Renfrewshire, G46 6UG
Phone: 0141 577 3000 website: www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk

Date: 23 July 2021

When calling please ask for: Sharon McIntyre (Tel No. 0141 577 3011)
e-mail:- This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

TO: Councillors A Ireland (Chair), B Cunningham (Vice Chair), A Convery, J Fletcher, J McLean, S Miller and J Swift.

PLANNING APPLICATIONS COMMITTEE
A meeting of the Planning Applications Committee will be held on

Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm.

The agenda of business is as shown below.

Please note this is a virtual meeting.

Caroline Innes
C INNES
DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE

1. Report apologies for absence.

2. Declarations of Interest.

3. Appeals - Report by Director of Environment (copy attached, pages 3 - 4).

4. Applications for planning permission for consideration by the committee - Report by Director of Environment (copy attached, pages 5 - 50).

You can read details on the Council Website here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/planning-app...ons-committee-040821

Read the Director of Environment's report in relation to the receipt of a new planning appeal and an appeal decision that has been issued by the Scottish Government's Planning and Environmental Appeals Division (DPEA). [122.1KB] here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/media/5840/P...m=637631480843030000

You can read Applications for planning permission for consideration by the committee here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/media/5841/P...m=637631480848270000

Re: Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm 2 years, 8 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
1/8/2021
Cllr David MacDonald has posted on his facebook page regarding the Newford Grove Childcare Facility Appeal -

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people. is at Newford Grove.
30 July at 12:25 · Glasgow ·

Earlier this year an application by Clarkston After School Service Ltd was received by the planning department to develop ground adjacent to Williamwood High School and to situate portable buildings on this land for the purposes of a childcare facility.

The application was made due to the sale of their former rented venue located within property owned by The Church of Scotland situated at Greenbank Parish Church.

8 representations were made in favour of the application and 23 objections were made ranging from local residents of Newford Grove, Busby Community Council and myself.

Both Cllr. Ireland and Cllr. Miller could not express a view on the application at that time due to both of them sitting on the planning applications committee.

Due to the department receiving in excess of 10 objections the matter was then referred to the planning applications committee as per statutory requirements.

Although very sympathetic to the applicant's wishes I could not support the application due to the location of the proposed site based on traffic congestion, for the fact it was a popular walking route for residents and also reservations I had about drainage.

I made it clear to the applicant that I would be willing to support them in trying to find a suitable alternative as I genuinely believed their continued service would be of benefit to the local community.

At the meeting of the applications committee the elected members of the committee deliberated and found unanimously to refuse the application on grounds of being in contravention of the local development plan.

The application was then refused at that point.

The applicant then appealed the decision to the Scottish Government Reporter and the reporter has now overturned that planning decision.

The grant of appeal comes with 6 conditions that must be met in order to proceed.

In my role as an Independent local councillor I will be making sure that these conditions are being adhered to and that ERC make sure the clear conditions are met.

That is my duty to the residents of my ward.

I attach images of the site with work now underway, ground cleared and a subbase installed ready for the building to commence and each page of the Scottish Government Reporter's decision detailing the 6 conditions that must be met for the benefit of those residents who have an interest.

All of this is available online on the public record and can be accessed here :

www.dpea.scotland.gov.uk/CaseDetails.aspx?ID=121498

#transparency
#youdeservetoknow

Re: Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm 2 years, 8 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm

You can view recording of meeting from Council Website here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/planning-app...ons-committee-040821

Meeting Recording

The recording of this meeting can be viewed on the Council's YouTube channel

Re: Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm 2 years, 8 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
11/8/2021

Published Barrhead News On Line

News

1 hr ago

Clarkston: Plan for care home gets green light

A CARE home is to be built on a former school playing fields after concerns about an oversupply of beds in the area were branded “confusing.”

East Renfrewshire Council has granted Northcare Ltd permission for a 68-bed home in Drumby Crescent, Clarkston.

Provost Jim Fletcher, who sits on the council’s planning committee, said families should have the “choice of the best possible care.”

East Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) had objected to the plans, claiming there is an oversupply of care homes in the area.

The new development, which will include spa facilities, a cafe, cocktail bar and cinema room, is to be built on the former Isobel Mair School playing fields, near Eastwood Health and Care Centre.

As well as 68 beds, there will be 23 assisted living apartments and a community garden.

Council planners concluded that, while the proposals would bring economic benefits, job opportunities and redevelop vacant land, the applicant had “not satisfactorily” shown the home would “not adversely impact” on community facilities.

They added that the HSCP had said there is an over-provision of care home beds in the area and the applicant had not shown “a proven need.”

A HSCP representative said there would be “increased demand pressure” on community services such as GPs.

He also warned that new residents coming into the population had a “direct cost” in terms of provision of free personal and nursing care.

The HSCP’s objection stated oversupply could lead to the home becoming “unsustainable and may result in closure.”

However, Northcare branded these comments as “flawed” and said they “completely disregard the economic benefits” to the area.

Councillor Annette Ireland suggested refusing the application but had no-one to support her motion.

Instead, a move by Councillor Betty Cunningham to approve the plans was backed.

Provost Fletcher said: “I looked at the comments of the HSCP quite carefully and the comments I think are confusing and, to be quite honest, I think the objection is quite weak.”

The council’s environmental health team had also objected due to noise from the nearby railway line. However, Northcare has agreed to erect a high acoustic fence.

Councillor Jim Swift said: “The primary objection is the HSCP objection and, without that, this would meet all the planning criteria.

“The HSCP has indicated that approximately 23% of the beds in the area are lying vacant. There’s no nice way to say this but, tragically, we had a lot of care home deaths and we can’t simply brush over that.

“We have an oversupply of beds just now. If we look at the market for care home beds, there will be a short run of oversupply but that’s likely to be a short run. We’re not getting any younger as a society.

“I think our residents should be entitled to the potential of the availability of a local bed.”

Re: Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm 2 years, 8 months ago #5

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
Once again Annette Ireland out of step with the committee.

Re: Planning Application Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Wednesday, 4 August 2021 at 2.00pm 2 years, 8 months ago #6

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
Also we have Moaning Minnie, Cllr Miller (Independent) going on about the Scottish Government Reporter overturning yet another of the PAC's decisions.

How dare that cheeky man from Falkirk overturn the local Cllrs decision.

Well Cllr Miller, perhaps it was overturned because it was wrong in the first place.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds