ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cllr David MacDonald receives special commendation in the Community Champion category at the LGIU Councillor Awards
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cllr David MacDonald receives special commendation in the Community Champion category at the LGIU Councillor Awards

Cllr David MacDonald receives special commendation in the Community Champion category at the LGIU Councillor Awards 2 years, 4 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
26/11/2021

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.

24 November at 11:55 ·

I'm absolutely honoured and humbled to have received the special commendation this evening at the LGIU Councillor awards held at Glasgow City Council HQ in the community champion category.

Congratulations to all those other councillors who were nominated and those who were recognised with awards.

I would like to dedicate this to all of my constituents and also, on a more personal note, to my 32 yr old baby brother Jamie who is currently fighting stage 3 Melanoma.

You inspire me more than you know to continue fighting the good fight.

Onward. 🙂

Re: Cllr David MacDonald receives special commendation in the Community Champion category at the LGIU Councillor Awards 2 years, 4 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
6/12/2021

Published Barrhead News On Line -

News

9 hrs ago

Councillor David Macdonald highly commended at awards ceremony

By Jacob Nicol Reporter

A COUNCILLOR has received special recognition for his work to help reduce speed limits around schools across East Renfrewshire.

David Macdonald, who serves as an independent, was highly commended last week at the Cllr Awards, which celebrates the vital contribution made by elected members across Scotland.

The Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood representative had been nominated by local residents for the Community Champion title for supporting numerous local campaigns.

Councillor Macdonald told the Barrhead News: “It does give me a lot of satisfaction to know that people in the local area feel I’m doing a good enough job that they want to nominate me.

“I’m quite humbled by it and certainly very honoured and privileged to be among such great councillors from across the country, who all do fantastic work for their communities.

“In particular, I would like to pay tribute to the Give Them Time campaign, which is a campaign that I’ve been working quite closely with.

“We have been trying to bring about universal funded deferment for parents who choose to defer their child for a year before they start primary one.

“Thanks to the help of local residents, we’ve now managed to make a legislative change in the Scottish Parliament.”
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds