Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am

Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am 2 years, 3 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Corporate and Community Services Department
Council Headquarters, Eastwood Park, Rouken Glen Road,
Giffnock, East Renfrewshire G46 6UG
Phone: 0141 577 3000 Fax: 0141 577 3834
Date: 3 December 2021
When calling please ask for: Jennifer Graham or John Burke, 0141 577 3016
E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

TO: Councillors A. Convery (Chair); B. Cunningham (Vice Chair); C. Gilbert; A. Ireland; and S. Miller.

LICENSING COMMITTEE
A meeting of the Licensing Committee will be held on

Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am.

A pre-meeting for Elected Members will take place at 9.30am.

The agenda of business is listed below.
Caroline Innes
C INNES
DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE
(DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE AND COMMUNITY SERVICES)

This is a virtual meeting.

1. Report apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest.

Resolution to Exclude Press and Public
It is recommended that the Committee passes the following resolution:-
"That under Section 50A(4) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973, as amended, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for Item 3 of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraphs 6 and 14 of Part I of Schedule 7A of the Act as appropriate".
Paragraph 6 – Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (other than the authority) – all Items.
Paragraph 14 – Any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime – all items.

3. Private Hire Car Driver’s Licence – Application for Renewal – Report by Chief Officer (Legal & Procurement) (copy attached, pages 3 - 6).

4. Taxi Fares Review – Report by Chief Officer (Legal & Procurement) (copy
attached, pages 7 - 12; Appendix 1 to follow).

For information on how to access the public part of the virtual meeting please email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

A recording of the public part of the meeting will also be available following the meeting on the Council’s YouTube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/eastrenfrewshire/videos

This document can be explained to you in other languages and can be provided in alternative formats such as large print and Braille. For further information, please contact Customer First on 0141 577 3001 or e-mail
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

You can read details from Council Website here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/licensing-committee-071221

Re: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am 2 years, 3 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 03 December 2021 16:21
To: Graham, Jennifer < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Burke, John < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Virtual Licensing Committee Meeting to be held Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am

Hi

I refer to Virtual Licensing Committee Meeting to be held Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am and refer to the Notice of meeting -

For information on how to access the public part of the virtual meeting please email

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Would appreciate if you can give me the information on how to access the public part of the virtual meeting.

Thanks

Re: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am 2 years, 3 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Graham, Jennifer" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Burke, John" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 6 Dec, 2021 At 09:28
Subject: RE: Virtual Licensing Committee Meeting to be held Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am

A link to the meeting will be issued to you later today by one of my colleagues which will include further information about attendance.

If you need any further information or clarification prior to the meeting, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I will be the Clerk for the meeting tomorrow.

Kind regards.
Jennifer Graham
Committee Services Officer
Department of Corporate and Community Services
Tel No. 07493 864258

Re: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am 2 years, 3 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Allison, Liona" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Graham, Jennifer" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 6 Dec, 2021 At 15:34
Subject: Licensing Committee Meeting - 7 December 2021

Please find below the link for the meeting of the Licensing Committee meeting on Tuesday 7 December.

Clicking on this link will let the me know that you are waiting to be admitted into the meeting. You will be admitted to the meeting just before it is scheduled to start.

Once the committee passes a resolution to exclude the press and public you will be placed into a waiting room whilst the committee considers the exempt item that is on the agenda.

Once the committee has dealt with the exempt item you will be admitted to the meeting for the public item on the agenda.

Please remember that you will be attending the meeting as an observer and not a participant and as such your camera and microphone will be switched off by me.

You should also not use the chat facility.

Link to join the meeting:

Click here to join the meeting

Kind Regards
Liona Allison
Assistant Committee Services Officer
Corporate and Community Services – Democratic Services

Re: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am 2 years, 3 months ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Monday, 6 Dec, 2021 At 16:34
Subject: Re: Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on tuesday 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 - Your Report

Hi Gerry

My apologies, I also meant to ask the following(problem with cut & paste)

The report mentions Appendix 1 and Appendix 2. I can only see an Appendix 1 attached to copy of report(which would appear to Appendix 2 ?)

'9.
The suggested fares received from existing licence holders are attached
in Appendix 1.
10. The last review of in taxi fares in East Renfrewshire was in 2015. Taking into account the comments of licence holders and the existing below average
fares, the Committee is asked to consider an increase across the various East Renfrewshire tariffs. Appendix 2 is a copy of the existing tariff and the proposed new tariff.'

Again my apologies but would appreciate response before meeting.

Thanks

To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Monday, 6 Dec, 2021 At 15:43
Subject: Re: Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on tuesday 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 - Your Report

Hi Gerry

Would appreciate response before meeting takes place.

Thanks

Sent: Friday, 3 Dec, 2021 At 16:51
Subject: Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on tuesday 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 - Your Report

Hi Gerry

I refer to Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 and your report

EAST RENFREWSHIRE COUNCIL LICENSING COMMITTEE 7 December 2021 - Report by Chief Officer (Legal & Procurement) CIVIC GOVERNMENT (SCOTLAND) ACT 1982 – TAXI FARES REVIEW

and in particular para 15 -

CONSULTATION
15. The licensing section has consulted directly with every holder of a taxi vehicle licence and has consulted the public through the council website.

I have done a search but can find no information on council website regarding the public consultation.

Are the details/outcome of these consultations

- The licensing section has consulted directly with every holder of a taxi vehicle licence

- has consulted the public through the council website.

available on the Council website , if so where, or only available via FOI request?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 7 December at 10.00am 2 years, 3 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Abrami, Joe" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 6 Dec, 2021 At 16:27
Subject: RE: Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on tuesday 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 - Your Report

The consultation should have been available to the public up to 30/11 on the website.

I don’t see it myself so I am checking the position.

If there has been any error then the report will be continued to the next meeting to allow re advertising.

Regards,
Joe

From: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 06 December 2021 16:00
To: Abrami, Joe < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on tuesday 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 - Your Report

Joe, can you let me know if the consultation details are available and I’ll reply to him

Thanks
Gerry
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds