ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)?

Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)? 2 years, 4 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Abrami, Joe" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 6 Dec, 2021 At 16:27
Subject: RE: Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on tuesday 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 - Your Report

The consultation should have been available to the public up to 30/11 on the website.

I don’t see it myself so I am checking the position.

If there has been any error then the report will be continued to the next meeting to allow re advertising.

Regards,
Joe

Further explanation for error. Extract from email -

From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 14 Dec, 2021 At 10:59
Subject: RE: Licensing Committee Meeting to be held on tuesday 7 December 2021 Agenda Item 4 - Taxi Fares Review - Confirmation of Information requested

........I am advised that the report was withdrawn as the online public consultation had not taken place as expected as the advert was not put on the website by those charged with administering it.

The other aspect of the consultation ( with drivers) did take place.

The former information cannot therefore be obtained as it does not exist.

The latter would fall to be considered under FOI..........

Regards
Gerry Mahon

Re: Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)? 2 years, 4 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Abrami, Joe" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 14 Dec, 2021 At 16:14
Subject: Taxi fare review

The public consultation is now online at

eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/taxi-fare-review

and will remain open until 4th January 2022.

Regards,
Joe

Taxi fare review

Find out about the review of taxi fares and other charges and how to make a representation

The Council as a licensing authority has a duty to fix time scales for taxi fares and other charges relating to journeys within East Renfrewshire.

The last review took place in 2015 and It is proposed that a new review is now carried out.

View the current tariff [15.21KB]

eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/media/7230/taxi-...m=637750098658970000

Anyone wishing to make representations in respect of the charges for taxi fares and other charges should submit their representation, in writing by
4 January 2022 (within 21 days of this notice) to:

The Chief Officer Legal and Procurement
Legal Services (Licensing)
Council Headquarters
Eastwood Park
Rouken Glen Road
Glasgow
G46 6UG

or email

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Last modified on 14 December 2021

Re: Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)? 2 years, 4 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
The Council has already prepared a report and proposed the increased charges.

However none of this information is given or any links given to it on the Council Consultation webpage above.

However it is still available from The Licensing Committee webpage

Read the Chief Officer of Legal and Procurement's report on the taxi fares review. [274.58KB]

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/licensing-committee-071221

and here

Read the Chief Officer of Legal and Procurement's report on the taxi fares review. [274.58KB]

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/media/7199/L...m=637743828236970000

Re: Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)? 2 years, 4 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure how Council are making Public aware of this Consultation?

There doesn't seem to be any Council Advertisement/Publicity?

Or anything yet on Council Facebook Page?

Re: Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)? 2 years, 3 months ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Wednesday, 15 Dec, 2021 At 22:30
Subject: East Renfrewshire Council Taxi Fare Review - Public Consultation/Representation

Dear Legal Services (Licensing)

Taxi Fare Review - Public Consultation/Representation

I refer to the Council Webpage (Link and copied below)

eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/taxi-fare-review

and your invitation to make a representation.

You have provided no background information or any information regarding any review or proposed charges.

How can a representation be made when no information has been given to base any representation on?

Would appreciate if you will give the following information/answers to allow a meaningful representation to be formulated.

- 'Find out about the review of taxi fares and other charges and how to make a representation'

How do I find this out? What review? What other charges?

- '....It is proposed that a new review is now carried out. '

What information is available for input to this review?

When will this review be carried out?

How/where and when will this review be published/available?

- 'Anyone wishing to make representations in respect of the charges for taxi fares and other charges should submit their representation, in writing by .....'

What charges for taxi fares and other charges?

Are there proposed new charges?

Apart from the current charges there is nothing else published on this page.

Why is there no other information being made available?

Are there Reports/Documentation regarding the Taxi fares Review available?

From webpage -

'Taxi fare review

Find out about the review of taxi fares and other charges and how to make a representation

The Council as a licensing authority has a duty to fix time scales for taxi fares and other charges relating to journeys within East Renfrewshire.

The last review took place in 2015 and It is proposed that a new review is now carried out.

View the current tariff [15.21KB]

eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/media/7230/taxi-...m=637750098658970000

Anyone wishing to make representations in respect of the charges for taxi fares and other charges should submit their representation, in writing by
4 January 2022 (within 21 days of this notice) to:

The Chief Officer Legal and Procurement
Legal Services (Licensing)
Council Headquarters
Eastwood Park
Rouken Glen Road
Glasgow
G46 6UG

or email

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Last modified on 14 December 2021'

Your help will be appreciated as will a prompt response giving the requested information.

Thanks

Re: Public Consultation(Closes 4 January 2022) - East Renfrewshire Licensed Taxi Fares and Charges Increase(Review)? 2 years, 3 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 22 December 2021 09:24
To: CE Licensing < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: Please give requested information/answers - East Renfrewshire Council Taxi Fare Review - Public Consultation/Representation

Dear Legal Services (Licensing)
Cc: Gerry Mahon

With the holiday period coming up, would appreciate a prompt response giving the required information/answers to enable me to give due consideration to any representation I may wish to make before 4 January 2022.

Thanks

From: CE Licensing < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 22 December 2021 09:32
To: Abrami, Joe < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; McCusker, Jacqui < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Kilpatrick, Brian < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Moore, Eleanor2 < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: Please give requested information/answers - East Renfrewshire Council Taxi Fare Review - Public Consultation/Representation

fyi

From: "CE Licensing" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Thursday, 23 Dec, 2021 At 09:04
Subject: RE: Please give requested information/answers - East Renfrewshire Council Taxi Fare Review - Public Consultation/Representation

Further to your e-mail below, I am aware of a number of FOI requests from yourself recently that Mr Abrami, Principal Solicitor has been dealing with.

It is also Mr Abrami who is dealing with the Review of Taxi Tariffs and unfortunately he is currently on annual leave until 10th January.

I have contacted Mr Mahon, who I see you have cc’d in your e-mail in the hope that he may be able to assist you in Mr Abrami’s absence.

I would expect that one of them will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind Regards
Business Support Supervisor
Corporate & Community Services

Sent: 23 December 2021 10:04
To: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: CE Licensing < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: Please give requested information/answers - East Renfrewshire Council Taxi Fare Review - Public Consultation/Representation

Dear Chief Officer - Legal & Procurement

Cc: CE Licensing

As said in email below, would appreciate if you can help me.

Again, with the holiday period coming up, would appreciate a prompt response giving the required information/answers to enable me to give due consideration to any representation I may wish to make before 4 January 2022.

FOI's are not addressed to individuals, so I am not aware of who will deal with them.

That is up to ERC.

Your help in giving a prompt response to enable me to do this will be appreciated.

Thanks

From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Abrami, Joe" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; "McCusker, Jacqui" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Thursday, 23 Dec, 2021 At 15:00

In Mr Abrami’s absence I write to advise that the consultation is seeking views on the appropriate maximum level of fares which taxis can charge for any hires and the composition of any such fares

The fares under consideration are those already specified on the current tariff although views are welcomed as to any other basis for charges which parties consider appropriate. eg rates for mimimum mileage etc with standard rate thereafter per mile .

The review will progress upon conclusion of the consultation and proposals will be made to the committee taking into account the various responses received.

There are no proposed charges at this stage – the recommendations will be made after the consultative responses are received and considered.

Any final proposals will be subject to a formal report which will be advertised in the normal fashion.

It is considered that the information released is sufficient to allow parties to make a meaningful response based on knowledge of the existing fares regime (as supplied) and their own experiences as users of taxis.

Regards

Gerry Mahon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds