Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Local Elections May 2022
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Local Elections May 2022

Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 3 months ago #1

• The Insider
  • Senior Boarder
A little bird tells me that a favourite of the page will be returning to the political fore.

Mary Montague is reported to have been proposed to stand for election in relation to the Giffnock and Thornliebank ward, representing Labour.

Mary was deposed from the Stamperland ward five years ago when Alan Lafferty took the ward for Labour.

She will stand in place of Jim Fletcher in the Giffnock and Thornliebank ward due to his retirement.

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 3 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
23/12/2021

Cllr David MacDonald has posted on his facebook page -

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.
2 hrs ·

I am always welcome of new people deciding to take the plunge into elections and give it a bash.

Two new faces to join the list of ward 4 candidates for next year's council election to stand are Gordon Keenan from the Scottish Greens and Katie Pragnell from Scottish Labour.

It is really important to have a varied choice on the ballot and I welcome them both to the list of candidates.

This isn't an endorsement of them or their parties..

It is purely a friendly welcome and best wishes for their experience out campaigning in the ward as I admire anyone who chooses to stand for political office.

So Gordon and Katie.

Congratulations on being selected by your parties to stand and very best wishes to you both.

I look forward to other candidate announcements and welcoming them to the race.

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 3 months ago #3

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Screenshot2021-12-30214806.jpg

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 3 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
14/01/2022

Posted Cllr David MacDonald facebook page -

Alice Roy - An Independent Voice for Giffnock & Thornliebank
31 mins ·
I am happy to announce my Independent candidacy seeking office to become the Independent Councillor for Giffnock & Thornliebank at East Renfrewshire Council.

I am a passionate community developer working in the 3rd sector, a volunteer and a mother of young children.

Throughout the next sixteen weeks, I will be campaigning throughout the ward bringing message of community empowerment.

Democratic relationships begin with inspiring people to understand power is not about domination, but rather about inclusion, trust and collaboration.

I intend to support social activity within the ward, supporting local community groups, local businesses, working families, young people and older adults.

I am not interested in political battles and feel independent candidacy holds a possibility and potential for transformational change, which has never been more vital for communities to recover, rebuild and grow stronger together.

It would be my honour and privilege to represent you all and would be very grateful for your support.

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.
20 mins ·
INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE ANNOUNCEMENT - WARD 3.
GIFFNOCK & THORNLIEBANK
COUNCIL ELECTION - THURSDAY MAY 5TH 2022

It is with a great sense of pride to announce that my wife Alice has decided to put herself forward as an Independent candidate to become an Independent councillor representing the people of ward 3 in Giffnock & Thornliebank.

Without being biased I can honestly say, hand on heart, that Alice is one of the most caring, community focussed and compassionate people I have ever met and if she was successful she would be a fantastic elected member.

Please follow her page to keep informed of her progress throughout her campaign and if you know anyone who lives in Giffnock and Thornliebank please share her page with them.

Many thanks folks.
David.

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 2 months ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
25/01/2022

Published Barrhead News On Line -

News

2 hrs ago

East Renfrewshire: Conservative candidates all pro-UK

By William Brown Reporter

The Scottish Conservatives have confirmed they will only stand pro-UK candidates in East Renfrewshire wards when council elections take place in May.

As the selection process for the local government elections continues, the party has reaffirmed its commitment to having zero pro-independence candidates.

Earlier this month, it was revealed Labour are considering standing pro-independence candidates in future elections.

Miles Briggs, Scottish Conservative Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Local Government, said: “In May, every one of our candidates will stand on a platform to protect jobs and rebuild public services from the damage of Covid but we can only do that as part of the United Kingdom, using the strength and security that the provides.

“It would be naive to think the SNP are about to give up on splitting up the country. They will use every pro-independence councillor elected as an argument in favour of division.

“On the central question facing the future of our country because of the nationalists’ never-ending obsession, every Scottish Conservative candidate will have a clear stance in favour of sticking together as one United Kingdom.

“We will stand no candidates who are pro-independence.

“Scottish Labour may have given up on expecting its candidates to stand against independence but Scottish Conservatives won’t stop fighting for Scotland’s place in our United Kingdom.”

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 2 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
4/2/2022

Posted on East Renfrewshire Council facebook page

www.facebook.com/eastrenfrewshirecouncil/

East Renfrewshire Council
18 hrs ·
Thinking of standing as a candidate at the council elections in May?

Join us for a short information event to find out more about the process.

It's a virtual event on Tuesday 1 March at 5pm.

For more details, email

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

or call 0141 577 3033.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds