(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Local Elections May 2022

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 2 months ago #7

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 2 months ago #8

• The Insider
  • Senior Boarder
A little bird has told me that Allan Steele has resigned as a Community Councillor on Giffnock Community Council.

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #9

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
26/2/2022

Cllr David MacDonald has posted on his facebook page -

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.

3 hrs

Good morning everybody.

East Renfrewshire SNP have decided to select a second candidate in ward 4 alongside Cllr. Annette Ireland to run against me at the upcoming council election and his name is David McDonald.

I don't want any voter confusion to take place so please be clear that David McDonald is spelled slightly different to my name with "Mc"as opposed to Mac and he will have an SNP party logo next to his name on the ballot.

My name will simply have the word "Independent" with no party logo.

If you wish to vote for me as your most preferred candidate please write the number 1 in the box next to my name when you get your ballot.

Thanks. David

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #10

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
9/3/2022

Cllr Annette Ireland has posted on their facebook page -

Cllr Annette Ireland

15 hrs

Clean Campaign Pledge

This is something that is so incredibly important to me personally as I have been the subject of some really quite horrible negative political campaigning and know first hand how incredibly nasty this can be and how this affects myself and my family.

As the Council campaign gets underway I pledge that I will campaign on policy based issues, will not negatively campaign and that I will always promote positive politics.

I will, as always, run a clean, positive and honest campaign based on facts and focused on the issues that concern the people of Clarkston, Netherlee, Busby, Stamperland and Williamwood.

#BeKind #CleanCampaignPledge

Comments -

- Well said Annette. To stir up hate aimed personally at you is a matter for the standards committee and possibly the police.
This from an existing Councillor who is absent from most committees, was reported to a standards committee by a local school parent council, and has very questionable council expenses in relation to other councillors especially for his IT.
All this and more information is available on the public domain if anyone wants to do their research.
He is often absent from meetings only turning up to anything if it furthers his hopes of being re-elected. His nasty hate filled comments are the only thing in his arsenal as he has been a total waste of space as a Councillor. It is so easy to check and see what each sitting Councillor has done in their term of office!
15 h Edited

- Cllr Ireland. those who give horrible & negative are actually indicating they have politically zero else to offer. Insults are the only thing they have and assume this negativity is a viable winner.. OUR HOUSEHOLD ARE SNP PAST; PRESENT AND FUTURE. YOU AND OUR SNP DON'T NEED TO USE HORRIBLE CAMPAIGN TACTICS. OUR SNP SPEAKS WITH WORDS THAT OFFER; DELIVER; SPEAK TRUTH.. GIVING INSULTS MEANS THEY ARE INEPT BOTH AS POLITICIANS AND AS PEOPLE. STAY STRONG CLLR IRELAND SNP
13h Edited

++++++++++++
The comments don't exactly backup Cllr Ireland's pledge?
++++++++++++

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #11

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Alan Lafferty has emailed -

After 27 years on East Renfrewshire Council, I’m happily stepping aside.

The new Labour and Co-op candidate for Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood iis Katy Pragnell, born and raised in Busby now resident in Stamperland.

Alan

9/3/2022
Posted on Katie Victoria Pragnell for Clarkston, Netherlee & Williamwood facebook page -

Katie Victoria Pragnell for Clarkston, Netherlee & Williamwood
8 hrs ·
It's less than 2 months until the election, can I count on your support?
Elections aren't cheap, any donation large or small could make all the difference. It would allow me to get my message across by producing high quality leaflets and social media content.

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #12

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
10/3/2022

Posted East renfrewshire Council facebook page

www.facebook.com/eastrenfrewshirecouncil/

East Renfrewshire Council
Yesterday at 14:01

If you want to stand as a candidate in the Scottish Local Government Elections on May 5, then download a nomination pack now.

Get your pack and more information here

orlo.uk/eIkjm

Or you can pick up a pack from the Election Office team at our Eastwood offices.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds