ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

East Renfrewshire Council Email Problems (Again ! )
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: East Renfrewshire Council Email Problems (Again ! )

East Renfrewshire Council Email Problems (Again ! ) 4 months, 2 weeks ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
12/1/2022
Cllr David MacDonald has posted on his facebook page -

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.
1 hr ·

East Renfrewshire Council's entire email platform has been down since Friday January 7th affecting every single employee and elected member at East Renfrewshire Council along with all email addresses for the leisure trust and HSCP.

The IT department have been attempting to repair this issue for 6 days and it has not yet been rectified.

If anyone has been trying to email any East Renfrewshire council, East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust or East Renfrewshire Health & Social Care partnership email address throughout this time and have not received a response it is likely that this outage will be the reason.

If anyone needs to reach me I can be reached through my Facebook messenger but please be advised I will not be able to act in an official capacity to represent using emails until the council platform has been repaired.

Re: East Renfrewshire Council Email Problems (Again ! ) 4 months, 2 weeks ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
13/1/2022

Comments from Cllr David MacDonald's facebook page -

- 6 days. ???? 6 days ? They don’t know what they are doing, they are not qualified for the job, why are you paying people who pretend they are qualified, ridiculous.
6 h

- East Renfrewshire Council
Hi Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people., just to reassure you, all emails have been reaching us, albeit slower than normal. Work is ongoing to rectify the issues that we’ve been experiencing. Whilst some responses may take a little longer, we are still able to respond to issues raised by residents. Hope this helps clarify the current situation. Thanks
2 h

- Author
East Renfrewshire Council I appreciate that response. Let me tell you though I sat in the alternative accesway for emails as instructed and it took 8 minutes to log on and 6 minutes to open up individual emails. Its not workable I'm afraid. Lengthy delays as well to send emails. I appreciate everybody will be trying to access at same time. It might be an idea to have all departments split up and instructed to access the system at different allocated time slots.
1 h

Re: East Renfrewshire Council Email Problems (Again ! ) 4 months, 1 week ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
16/1/2022

Further update posted on Cllr david MacDonald facebook page -

2 hrs ·
It has now been 10 days since the council's outlook 365 email platform went down (Friday January 7th) and the alternative means of access, which was very slow, has also now malfunctioned and is stating they don't recognise my email username.

This is the main email accessway for every single person at the council, the leisure trust, the HSCP and any school email address.

For a council to lose it's ability for councillors, officers and staff to communicate through email for such a lengthy period is very unfortunate.

I can only apologise to anybody who has been trying to reach me by email.

This is beyond frustrating.

Comments -

- Was it hacked?
1 h

- Author
They state they have not yet found a reason that they can be sure of.
1 h

- It’s not unfortunate it’s not acceptable it’s as simple as that
37 m

- Author
I am trying to be kind as I know people behind the scenes are working frantically to restore it. You are right. It isn't acceptable.
36 m · Edited

- Is it a genuine it problem or intentional, bad attitude, too many questions can’t be bothered switch it off.
35 m

- It is not unfortunate, it is incompetent.
31 m

Re: East Renfrewshire Council Email Problems (Again ! ) 4 months, 1 week ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
17/1/2022

Latest post on Cllr David MacDonald facebook page -

1 hr ·

Update to email issues.

The council IT dept have been in contact and given me an alternative method of access to emails while they sort out a new email system migration.

You can now reach me on

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

should you need to.

Thanks for your patience.

David
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds