ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 18 January at 10.00am - Includes Taxi Fares Review held over from 7 December 2021 meeting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 18 January at 10.00am - Includes Taxi Fares Review held over from 7 December 2021 meeting

Re: Licensing Committee Meeting(Virtual) - Tuesday 18 January at 10.00am - Includes Taxi Fares Review held over from 7 December 2021 meeting 2 years, 2 months ago #7

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To:
Subject:
Date:
Tariff rise for public hire taxis
29 November 2021 21:49:15

Dear chairman and committee,

I am writing to you in regards of the lack of an increase to the taxi meter tariffs since 2015.

The cost of living has gone up considerably since then as has the costs of keeping a taxi on the road.

Could you tell me why there isn’t a yearly review by the taxi committee advising on a slight increase year on year?.

All aspects of running a taxi including our fees to the council have only gone up in price and yet we need to live on fares from 2015.

I propose that our fares in East Renfrewshire rise to at least match the private hire rates in the area.

They should in no way be cheaper.

There are over 300 council areas in the UK and this council is one of the cheapest yet one of the most prosperous in Scotland.

My suggestion for the flag fall is the following.

We have a day rate,an evening rate and a weekend evening rate.

For example from 6am to 6pm Sun to Thurs : £4.10

From 6pm to 6am Sun to Thurs : £4.60

From 6pm until 10pm Fri and Sat : £4.80

From 10pm until 6am: £5.60

Each mile thereafter should be £1.50

I also recommend having bank holiday rates throughout the year on UK holidays,not just Christmas and New Year.

I’m sure you will have your own thoughts as will many taxi drivers in the area who will have submitted their replies.

Regards
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds