ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren.

Re: Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren. 11 years ago #13

• Concerned ERC Parent
Yes that's ridiculous. Are the new schooling plans driving that decision? This would cause most congestion at morning rush hour the way it is now wouldn't it? But if the road is further up then would it stop traffic going down the way to get across to Barrhead causing major congestion?

Re: Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren. 11 years ago #14

• DJ
CERCP - The whole point is nobody outwith ERC has any answers, all we can do is ask the question 'why?'
So the straight answer is we just don't know. If anyone wishes to correct me please do so!

Re: Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren. 11 years ago #15

• Concerned ERC Parent
A very good meeting last night DJ.

The flooding concern is very worrying. Its bad enough at the moment when theres heavy rain and a blockage down stream.

Can I ask, when the council said on Monday that they have places in the schools for everyone moving in, did they back this up with numbers? School capacities, current rolls etc and why it was flagged as an issue in the MIR.

Re: Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren. 11 years ago #16

• DJ
CERCP -NO!!!!

All we got from GMcC was Education are also invited to lay out their future needs up till 2035. They identify a need for two primary schools, one denominational although we don't know whether that refers (AFAIK) to a catholic or islamic school as I am told both faiths have expressed a need.

Yes the CCs seem pleased with the attendance and feedback. Many residents reported flooding in areas. I'm asking for pics with dates, locations and sizes to include in our submissions.

One wee surprise was received about an hour ago.
I had been given two questions to ask, the first was:-
This consultation has been a sham with the planning department refusing to allow us to speak at the 3 area forums. Nor would they hold or attend public meetings such as this. At the drop-ins at the libraries, officers were either poor at or unwilling to provide detailed answers to specific questions.
Nor are the Administration Cllrs. in attendance to hear first hand the views of this meeting. Instead they are buying into the line that everyone thinks this is a wonderfully successful consultation the outcome of which will remain with us, destroying the character of our communities till 2035.
Chairman, can I propose you call for a show of hands of those present in favour of demanding that Cllrs are instructed by us to vote to totally reject this Proposed Local Development Plan and instruct officers to start again but this time our community councils put forward to planning those sites we the residents deem suitable for development.

I thought everyone had raised their hands in favour but to check I asked if there was anyone opposed. A woman near the front raised her hand. Somewhat surprised I checked that she was against. She confirmed she was.

Tonight I learned her identity. Pamela Reid ex former head of ERC planning who took a package about three years ago and I'm told now hires herself out to developers as a consultant helping them to obtain planning consent. So that'll be no conflict of interest then? Not exactly a concerned resident.

Pity you didn't come and introduce yourself afterwards.

Re: Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren. 11 years ago #17

• Concerned ERC Parent
I thought it was strange too that the lady had her hand up. This seems to be the way as there was also a "plant" at the St N's meetings.

Strange how they claim to have places yet a lady last night said she needs to enter a ballot for Mearns primary yet she lives very close. Funny how that isn't mentioned in the advertisements for new homes when they mention the schools by name.

On the flooding, I have a video of a "mini mearns Tsunami" i'll try and get to you. It was caused by heavy rain and a blockage down stream. Its too big to send by email, maybe I can upload it to an area of the site if you think it would be useful?

Re: Stand up for our communities - Help make this message go viral in East Ren. 11 years ago #18

• DJ
I should also repeat my message of last night.
The CCs are working hard but need the support of residents. Nine CCs were involved in last night's meeting about the Local Development Plant which could, if the Scottish Government gets its way add 5700 additional houses to East Ren although ERC are trying to restrict this to 4100. That probably equates to 8200-17,100 residents and perhaps 6000-15000 children although they won't all be of school age and a number will be working adults living with parents.

The homes would I believe be for people to move into East Ren rather than ER internal growth but 5700/4100?
I doubt it and the danger is if the housing market has oversupply this could seriously impact on existing house prices. I am utterly convinced that there is not a cat in hells chance that we will have enough school places but hell, I can only work on logic and common-sense.

If residents don't massively swing behind the CCs we will get nowhere and remember we only have till May the first i.e. 11 full days that's it!

My message was we need everyone to tell TEN other residents and each of them to tell TEN. If this doesn't in effect go viral, then we can moan at leisure, well those still living till and beyond 2035 will have plenty of years to reflect on the consequences of their apathy!

Make a difference - TODAY!!!
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds