Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ned trouble in Stamperland
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ned trouble in Stamperland

Re: Ned trouble in Stamperland 10 years, 9 months ago #7

I was down south over the weekend and have just picked up on this from Twitter. There appears to be something of a pattern emerging here following the vandalism of cars just last week. What is perhaps most curious is that similar incidents normally occur during the school holidays whilst this seems to have started after the schools have gone back.

I note that Councillor Robertson has already been in touch with the police regarding the matter, I will be similarly voicing my concerns tomorrow. This really needs to be nipped in the bud.

Re: Ned trouble in Stamperland 10 years, 9 months ago #8

• Tom
Email out today

Cllr Montague,

I am hoping that you will respond to this request as a local councilor and the convenor of community safety who's remit is specifically matters like disorder.

I would hope that you are aware of the recent disorder / vandalism that occurred on Orchy Gardens and would ask what you are doing / putting in place to deal with this upsurge in disorder.

I ask this not only as a resident but a community councilor, and due to the nature of the crimes and the public outrage I cannot wait until the next meeting of the N & S community council to ask the question of you.

Kind Regards

Tom Taylor
Ccllr

Re: Ned trouble in Stamperland 10 years, 9 months ago #9

• Tom
Email out today to the N&S CC

Good Afternoon,

I would presume that you are aware of the serious matters that occurred in The Oval and Orchy Gardens over the weekend with garden furniture amongst other items being removed from gardens and destroyed by youths, which follows on from the previous week serial vandalism's to cars.

Can you oblige and inform me what steps you have taken to have this matter addressed, by the police and the three local councilors.

Kind Regards

Tom Taylor
Community Councilor
N & S CC

Re: Ned trouble in Stamperland 10 years, 9 months ago #10

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Are these local kids? Or over the border from dreaded Glasgow?

Re: Ned trouble in Stamperland 10 years, 9 months ago #11

• Tom
Email in today

Bill,
It seems that there has been yet more vandalism at your end of the parish.
Have you heard the details?
I will pass on this email to Sgt Spence although I'm sure that he is working on it already.
Perhaps we should set up a dialogue with Neighbourhood Watch, to encourage them to have more effective Neighbourhood Watch activity in the area.

Cameron

Re: Ned trouble in Stamperland 10 years, 9 months ago #12

• Tom
Email out today

Cameron,

Can I ask are you attempting to have a laugh or just trying to be deliberately obtuse?

In your email to the Chair Bill Considine you state, “It seems that there has been yet more vandalism at your end of the parish.”

You Cameron reside in Beechlands Avenue and these vandalisms occurred in The Oval.

Information gleaned from route finder indicates that distance is 0.8 km and in old money is 0.5 miles.

Am I and the other residents of Netherlee and Stamperland to understand that you consider 0.5 miles from your home to be ‘the other end of the parish’ and therefore possibly of “no concern to you.”

That would be the inference I would think that some residents would take from your comment and indeed that you a class this mater as somehow minor.

I asked you “Can you oblige and inform me what steps you have taken to have this matter addressed”.

Instead of a constructive answer, and not for the first time, you have stated that you “will pass on this email to Sgt Spence”.

Can I ask are you of the opinion that as a community councillor your only role is to operate as a postman to the police.

I requested knowledge of what N & S CC were going to do to address this problem, I and residents would have expected a concise answer from you as a community councillor and office bearer for the ward, not a pushing of the email and indeed the problem to the police.

You end by mentioning a more effective neighbourhood watch in the area.

I would have to state that in my opinion this is very low, if you do not know that I am the chair of NHW then you have been living in a cupboard for the past few years and have no place on a community council.

Are you suggesting that NHW members should stay awake all night over the weekends to attempt to spot criminals attacking their property, you will be aware that the residents are actively telephoning the police and reporting these incidents as they occur, providing CCTV footage of the criminals and descriptions and are prepared to appear as witnesses at court.

What other actions would you request that the residents (including NHW members) undertake.

I am appalled that a community councillor, never mind an office bearer would stoop so low.

I demand an immediate apology from you to the hundreds of NHW members who reside in the Netherlee and Stamperland ward regarding their alleged ‘ineffectiveness’

Tom Taylor

Community Councillor
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds