Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Not just a mosque !!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Not just a mosque !!!!

Re: Not just a mosque !!!! 10 years, 6 months ago #145

• Phil
Councillor Fletcher your statements are potentially inflammatory and could lead to people with a bigoted view of the world latching on to them and using your comments to support their blinkered views that society in general is against them.

I do hope that your views will not be picked up on and used to support any form of aggression or violence along race lines.

Well done Jim - instead of calming down the populous, you up the anti - such leadership qualities on display.

Re: Not just a mosque !!!! 10 years, 6 months ago #146

• DJ
BN65 is out. We have sent copies direct to Murphy, Macintosh & Fletcher as it is our policy to not do things behind peoples backs. Those games we leave to others.

Quite an astonishing response from subscribers. Here's a selection.

Date: 8 November 2013 14:41:09 GMT
To:
Subject: Eastwood

Dear Mr. Hussain

I would like to know your logic behind antagonising both members of the local community and your fellow Muslim worshippers.

You seem to be oblivious to anyone else's feelings on this matter and I am not sure if you are enjoying the attention, thus prolonging this matter, but I can assure you it is doing you no favours.

You seem to be a professional e-mailer but do little to confront the situation personally. You refused to attend the meeting recently to answer questions as you were away and your two representatives suddenly became ill. You refused to comment on STV last night also.

You are causing unnecessary worry and alienating yourself from the wishes of your own people.

The only correct thing to do now is withdraw this submission and let everyone work together for the peace harmony and safety of our community.

I await your reply (no doubt by e-mail)

N

Re: Not just a mosque !!!! 10 years, 6 months ago #147

• DJ
Cllr. Watters reply to a subscriber. Btw the Cllr. is the star feature of the next BN. Some might think it's long overdue so we had better not disappoint. Tells all, warts and all!

Initial email
Dear Our so called councillor

Have you actually forgotten who elected you to where you are now? Do you honestly think that you would get one vote from any community if you were standing now with your decision on a mosque in SCHOOL grounds.

I am of mixed faith and if someone either proposed a church, chapel or synagogue in this same area, I would similarly object. No one can vouch for strangers walking about while school children are meant to be safe. I mean for goodness sake, since Dunblane all school doors have had to be locked with security entry. How does that work with men wandering the school grounds. Similarly we have had 2 cases recently of men dressing up in burkhas to avoid police capture. What good would a CCTV system do there? Our children should feel safe and be safe.

Why don't you grow up and man up and even give the Muslim community some of the green belt you are dishing out to anyone who asks. Just keep our kids safe and speak up for the people that voted for you and put you in a position to be our voice, not a puppet.

From: "Waters, Vincent (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
To:
Sent: Friday, 8 November 2013, 15:29
Subject: RE: Eastwood High School

Dear N

Thank you for your email. I am pleased to be able to assure you that I have never forgotten those who elected me. As I am not a Councillor for Newton Mearns, you are not among them.

I have attached a response note which I wrote to share with constituents of mine who contacted me in relation to this consultation. To date, no one from Giffnock or Thornliebank has contacted me in this regard. I attach it for your information and would particularly draw your attention to the final paragraph.

Re: Not just a mosque !!!! 10 years, 6 months ago #148

• DJ
Very interesting! No wonder we call it Pravda.
From a BN subscriber in response to BN65

As one of the silent majority it usually takes a lot to rouse me to any sort of action but I did feel strongly about the above subject and attended the meeting in Mearns Castle school. One thing was very apparent to me and that was the fact that any of my friends I spoke to had never heard of this proposal. So I took it upon myself to place a full page advert in the Extra and try and inform at least some of the population of our district all about this very important matter.. Surprise, surprise the newspaper has refused to print his despite me rewording the ad.at at least 3 times. So much for freedom of the press!! I thought this might be of interest to you although it probably does not come as any great surprise.
Regards

Re: Not just a mosque !!!! 10 years, 6 months ago #149

• DJ
Very interesting! No wonder we call it Pravda.
From a BN subscriber in response to BN65

As one of the silent majority it usually takes a lot to rouse me to any sort of action but I did feel strongly about the above subject and attended the meeting in Mearns Castle school. One thing was very apparent to me and that was the fact that any of my friends I spoke to had never heard of this proposal. So I took it upon myself to place a full page advert in the Extra and try and inform at least some of the population of our district all about this very important matter.. Surprise, surprise the newspaper has refused to print his despite me rewording the ad.at at least 3 times. So much for freedom of the press!! I thought this might be of interest to you although it probably does not come as any great surprise.
Regards

Re: Not just a mosque !!!! 10 years, 6 months ago #150

• DJ
Cllr. Watters attachment toi a resident. Quite astonishing!!!
VW1.jpg
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds