Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 6 months ago #25

I would have thought the land that CWL was sitting on was worth a lot more than the building. I also think that as the market is only starting to recover then this would not be a particularly clever time to sell if you're hoping to maximise your profit. So I would disagree that money is the main driver.

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 6 months ago #26

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Once again we are all trying to figure out the reason behind the moves of the Education Dept.

During our consultation, a common complaint was the lack of openness and transparency. We all knew that the real reason was to give our school to OLM - they'd quite happily say it, just not write it down. A lot of people said if they had come to us with a plan which stated their problems, and why they were doing it, then people might be more open to accept it, rather than hide behind a curtain of lies and half truths.

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 6 months ago #27

Basically, they have to provide the infrastructure for 4,100 houses and the one bit of infrastructure the Council have control of is schools. Moreover, given that we have a clear and identifiable problem at St. Cadocs and CWL is outside East Renfrewshire, a new denominational primary kills two birds with one stone.

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 6 months ago #28

• Concerned ERC Parent
Exactly and saves money on running costs.

But how can they say there is more than enough room in St Ninian's for all this and an extension to OLM? This is what the opposition should be taking them to task on. Especially with the number analysis that they are agreed on.

Look at St Ninian's handbook page 3:

Handbook

What is the capacity 1700? What happens if pupils above S1 move into these homes? What's the plan?
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds