Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 7 months ago #7

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Then there is the left of left of left of centre who in my opinion has been in bed with Labour for many years, does not support tory motions in the chamber and was happy to take the 10 grand for the leaders appointment to Cosla, but would not tell her group how much she was getting paid for that appointment.
download_2013-10-13.jpg

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 7 months ago #8

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Then we have the man who started off last term with teeth, but I think he has now had them removed, after all if you are looking at pastures new you would need to be all things to all men, that is if you want to keep getting nominated to stand for MP, MEP and MSP by your group.

dlindo_mar10_russspencer.jpg

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 7 months ago #9

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Who is the tory group leader, does anyone know his name, do we ever hear from him, does he lead the tory group or is he just happy to get his extra 2k a year as the nominated chair of audit by the leader of the administration.

Dont rock the boat, in fact dont do anything.

invisible-man.jpg

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 7 months ago #10

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry tories as I said individually you may be nice people but in my opinion as a group you lack cohesion. Unlike labour and SNP who are stuck together like glue in East Renfrewshire, and to what end and for what purpose. Well I think that we all know the answer to that having read these threads for many years.

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 7 months ago #11

• Concerned ERC Parent
Yes, something not quite right when you look at the issues we've had. As an opposition it shouldn't have been that difficult to gain support.

One of the "latest" issues, the analysis on the school places should have been done at the time of the last local elections when we said there's a problem here. Had that been used then by the opposition I'm sure the public would have taken notice.

It's a very popular subject here and if you make a right mess of it I don't think just being Labour/SNP will guarantee you your place.

But the public need to know what is going on.

Re: Do we have an effective opposition in East Renfrewshire Council 10 years, 7 months ago #12

• Concerned ERC Parent
BTW, where is the gumsy one these days?

Is he away with his tail between his legs over the school issues he said wouldn't happen? Now even the captain agrees.
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds