Username Password: Remember me

Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013

Re: Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013 10 years, 5 months ago #7

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Looks like a few will not even employ common manners and reply.

Re: Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013 10 years, 5 months ago #8

• DJ
Cllr_2013-11-16.jpg

From: "Green, Elaine (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Date: 15 November 2013 15:28:38 GMT
To: 'Nmcc'
Subject: RE: URGENT please respond asap.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for the invitation but I have already visited the site.

Regards

Councillor Elaine Green

Date: 15 November 2013 20:09:05 GMT
To: "Green, Elaine (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: URGENT please respond asap.

Dear Elaine,

Delighted to learn you have visited the site rather than just the school.
Obviously as ERC Education convener you will have taken a closer interest in this matter than many of your colleagues.

Can you please therefore advise:-
1. Do you accept that the site under discussion and as identified by both ERMEC and most helpfully by ERC planning is indeed within the existing campus, having been so since the 1960s and was granted consent as part of the new school development?
2. Can you confirm the allegations which have been made by three different members of the Muslim community that members of your party were instrumental in bringing this site to the attention of their community?
3. As Education Convener, are you generally in favour of shrinking or maintaining school campuses?
4. As a councillor for this ward do you support the Muslim and non-Muslim community of Newton Mearns and in particular Crookfur who are totally opposed to this site?
5. Are you prepared to meet publicly with representatives of the Muslim community of Newton Mearns?
6. As education convener are you for or against religious institutions being built adjacent to non-denominational schools?

Kind regards,

David

Re: Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013 10 years, 5 months ago #9

• Concerned ERC Parent
DJ,

Well done for extracting a reply from Cllr Green. I reckon it's the first one I've ever seen.

Comedy gold this. Buried pigs? If you'd said to me a while back we are getting a brand new £30million state of the art non-denominational school and the Council are going to build a religious building in the grounds that are currently undergoing £1million worth of landscaping, i'd have thought we were discussing flying pigs! But then again......

I see the press mentioned a lot. If the News of the World were still around they wouldn't have to hack phones. Just send this lot an email. Front page every time.

Re: Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013 10 years, 5 months ago #10

• DJ
Concerned ERC Parent wrote:
DJ,

Well done for extracting a reply from Cllr Green. I reckon it's the first one I've ever seen.

Comedy gold this. Buried pigs? If you'd said to me a while back we are getting a brand new £30million state of the art non-denominational school and the Council are going to build a religious building in the grounds that are currently undergoing £1million worth of landscaping, i'd have thought we were discussing flying pigs! But then again......

I see the press mentioned a lot. If the News of the World were still around they wouldn't have to hack phones. Just send this lot an email. Front page every time.

Thanks CERCP. Good to note I potentially am now Madam J in her eyes. Obviously doesn't understand that as my invitation was in the first instance to three men, I addressed it as 'Gentlemen.' I apologised to her and it's good to know she has a sense of humour.

I said at the very beginning this is going to be the biggest issue potentially of all time especially when folk realise that if the Labour party supported by the Nats pull this off no school campus is safe. Will we have Macdonalds and Greggs queuing to buy a corner of the playgrounds and save the pupils from any unnecessary exercise?

The politicians are sending a clear signal demonstrating their utter contempt and arrogance. They're saying "We can do whatever we want, wherever we want, however we want, because you the local peasants whom we now deem racists, cannot stop us, the kings of the East Ren universe."

This proposal flies in the face of ScotGov guidance, Scottish Futures Trust statement on open space provisions, see SFT "lessons learned" as well as almost every other body you can think of.

The lies have been incredible and without the arrogance I cannot see what they get out of this as we are still objecting to the site for the new denoms and remain opposed to Maidenhill.
Are we missing some rational or are they as incredibly stupid and inept as they seem hell bent on proving?

Re: Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013 10 years, 5 months ago #11

• DJ
From: "Green, Elaine (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Date: 18 November 2013 12:02:55 GMT
To: 'D J
Subject: RE: URGENT please respond asap.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the email.

Regards

Councillor Elaine Green

Date: 18 November 2013 12:44:02 GMT
To: "Green, Elaine (Cllr)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: URGENT please respond asap.

Dear Elaine,

It is disappointing that you have ignored every single one of the questions put to you, especially given that you are the ERC Convenor for Education.
The Community Council, Parents, Pupils and Residents are seeking answers, particularly from yourself, given your overall responsibility for education.
Therefore I must repeat my questions to you (appended below) and seek answers.
EHS is within your ward. Therefore are you refusing to meet publicly with your Crookfur constituents and in particular our Muslim community members as per question 5? Please answer this and the other 5 questions.

Regards,

David

Questions repeated:-
1. Do you accept that the site under discussion and as identified by both ERMEC and most helpfully by ERC planning, is indeed within the existing campus, having been so since the 1960s and was granted consent as part of the new school development?
2. Can you confirm the allegations which have been made by three different members of the Muslim community that members of your party were instrumental in bringing this site to the attention of their community?
3. As Education Convener, are you generally in favour of shrinking or maintaining school campuses?
4. As a councillor for this ward do you support the Muslim and non-Muslim community of Newton Mearns and in particular Crookfur who are totally opposed to this site?
5. Are you prepared to meet publicly with representatives of the Muslim community of Newton Mearns?
6. As education convener are you for or against religious institutions being built adjacent to non-denominational schools?

Re: Briefing Note No. 67 - 13th. November 2013 10 years, 5 months ago #12

• flyboy
I know why Jim was not interested in coming to the site over the weekend - on friday night he had a more impotant meeting. He stood in the queue in his favourite take-away in Busby road, Clarkston waiting for his take-away, and was probably worried in case he got Bombay tummy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds