Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

A commemoration or an Ego Trip?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: A commemoration or an Ego Trip?

Re: A commemoration or an Ego Trip? 9 years ago #73

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
The Provost did not stay for tea and biscuits after the service, so why was he there and at what cost to the public of East Renfrewshire.

This event did not appear in his monthly list of attendances that are read out to the council at full meetings, so does that lead us to think that this was an unofficial favour to Chairman D'Souza.

savdd_2015-04-25.jpg

Chairman D'Souza and Provost Carmichael
at a previous event together.

Re: A commemoration or an Ego Trip? 9 years ago #74

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
MANY unanswered questions and we have made a request to Chairman D'Souza but he has failed to respond.

One major question that has gone unanswered is if he obtained a grant of £2000, where did he get it from, and where is it now.

NEWSLINE has confirmed with ERC that they did not provide a grant of £2000, yet the minutes of the GCC meeting are very clear.

MONDAY 14 April 2014

c ) Helicopter Memorial at Eastwood Toll – approval has been given for a community grant of £2K to place a memorial plaque to commemorate the tragic accident that occurred in 1990. Arrangements can now be quickly progressed with the 25th anniversary now approaching, in liaising with the Police Memorial Trust and the Community Planning Team Action: Chair / ERC / Police Memorial Trust

Re: A commemoration or an Ego Trip? 9 years ago #75

• Joe
  • Silver
Some people at the council seem to be desperate to dance to his tune.

Throwing money at this ill conceived idea, according to the minutes.

Devoting staff time to his meetings which achieve very little as they still don't seem to have a clue what is going on.

There is the time the police and minister have also given to this too. Maybe they should see that photo of him with the group of lads as it says it all really? I am relieved the provost wasn't in that picture with him.

Re: A commemoration or an Ego Trip? 9 years ago #76

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Could he not have bought a few loafs of bread, cheese, ham and some plastic silver platters out of Home Bargains with some of the £2k and made refreshments himself? Like any normal person not enthralled in the grants/expenses culture?
I'm fairly sure administration councillors are able to eat food not prepared by the council hospitality dept. He could have frozen some of the ton of leftovers from his Big Waste. Sorry Lunch.

I hope he reimbursed the Minister for any extra biscuits she got in.

Re: A commemoration or an Ego Trip? 9 years ago #77

• Billy
Where was his concern and respect for the family, I cant see any in all of the correspondence from him. He has never once made reference to their feelings. He also seems to use the Giffnock CC as a label when it is really him and not the CC. He has told everyone different stories and none of them were true according to the emails. Why are ERC falling over themselves to deal with this person who in my opinion is self centred, egotistical and wants everything for nothing and who should stick to community council business, not items that suit his own personal agenda.

Re: A commemoration or an Ego Trip? 9 years ago #78

• Gerry
Sounds like the man runs around like a headless chicken and I cannot understand why professionals like the police and the council are even contemplating dealing with him.

The heart ache that he could have and may have caused the family, yet he appears to have had no consideration whatsoever, and the council and police went along with it.

Disgusting.
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds