Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Eastwood Park Leisure Centre
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 6 years, 8 months ago #7

• Gerry
Absolutely outrageous, another five years of the same administration unhelpfulness.

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 6 years, 8 months ago #8

• RM64
Reply to Councillor -

It's disappointing that a Councillor of your standing should employ such blatant delaying tactics.

It is farcical, ridiculous and quite frankly, unbelievable, that Councillors have to initiate Freedom of Information requests to get information for their constituents about reports they Councillors, have commissioned themselves -

'We have had discussions with the council regarding a building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre which the Council has commissioned.'

Can you confirm that Councillors are the Council?

This is Bureaucracy gone mad. Should we not expect our Councillors to challenge and not just accept, but get rid of this needless Bureaucracy ?

Please give details of the legislation, rules, regulations, procedures etc that require Councillors to initiate Freedom of Information requests to get information for their constituents about reports they Councillors, have commissioned themselves .

I disagree that my request for information is ' a lengthy and detailed enquiry '.

In your view why do you consider the question 'Can you give details/information regarding the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre.' a lengthy and detailed enquiry?

In your view why do you consider the question 'Why is it being withheld?' a lengthy and detailed enquiry?
Is it not the case that you would know this information, or if not, it would only take minutes (a phone call?)to get this information?
Why did you include this question in your Freedom of Information request?

In your view why do you consider the question 'Who is it being withheld from?' a lengthy and detailed enquiry?
Is it not the case that you would know this information, or if not, it would only take minutes (same phone call as above?)to get this information?

In your view why do you consider the question 'Who has received and read it?' a lengthy and detailed enquiry?
Is it not the case that you would know this information, or if not, it would only take minutes (same phone call as above?) to get this information?

Have you read the 'building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre' report, which the Council commissioned?

If not, why not? Has it been withheld from you?

The other questions were asked to gain your view/opinion, and so I presume do not require a Freedom of Information Request -

'Can you give your view/opinion on the options from January 2017 below -
Regarding refurbishment etc

Regarding the shortfall - 'as the £6M falls someway short of the amount required,'

The Maintenance - ' with a £1.3M backlog of maintenance. This maintenance was also just that –remedial works, not improvements to maintain competitiveness.'

New build '

but you chose not to answer these.

As I am a member/user of the facilities at Eastwood Park Leisure Centre and I am interested in its future, as we fritter away the 20 working days( and yes, it will be near the end of the 20 working days before a reply) , please do me the courtesy and answer the questions below, as I presume they do not require a Freedom of Information Request -

What is your understanding of why the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre was commissioned?

What is your understanding of the reasons behind the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre being commissioned?

What is your understanding of the detail contained in the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre?

What is your understanding of the information contained in the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre?

What is your understanding of the conclusions made in the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre?

What is your understanding of the recommendations made in the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre?

What is your understanding as to the reasons of why the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre is being withheld?

What is your understanding of who the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre is being withheld from?

What is your understanding of who has read the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre?

Have you read the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre?

What is your understanding and your proposals regarding refurbishment etc of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre?

What is your understanding and your proposals regarding the shortfall - 'as the £6M falls someway short of the amount required,' ?

What is your understanding and your proposals regarding the backlog of maintenance - ' with a £1.3M backlog of maintenance. This maintenance was also just that –remedial works, not improvements to maintain competitiveness.' ?

What is your understanding of the reasons for a new build and your proposals regarding any proposed new build?

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 6 years, 8 months ago #9

• RM64
This has now become a farce !

Reply from Councillor -

Thank you for your further lengthy and detailed enquiry. I am aware that the Council has responded to your previous enquiry today and advised you how to proceed further if you wish. I am not a Member of the Leisure Trust, an entity separate from the Council and am unable to respond to your latest detailed request.

Reply from ERC re Councillor's FOI request -

Information Request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002

I refer to your recent freedom of information request passed to us from Councillor [name] regarding the Building Condition Survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre.

After consultation with our Planning Section and Property & Technical Services it has been confirmed that we do not have any of the information you have requested.

You may wish to contact the Leisure Trust below who would be better placed to supply the information.

East Renfrewshire Culture & Leisure
18 Commercial Road
St John’s Campus
Barrhead
Glasgow
G78 1AJ

I hope this information is of assistance to you and if you require further information please do not hesitate to contact the following:

Yours sincerely
Business Support Supervisor
Central Business Support
Environment Department

My Further reply to both ERC above and Councillor -

Please see below.

Information from from East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Ltd - 24th August 2017 -

Q. Please give details of any contact and/or discussions since January 2017 with East Renfrewshire Council or other parties regarding Eastwood Park Leisure Centre and the points made in your email of January 2017.

A. We have had discussions with the council regarding a building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre which the Council has commissioned. My understanding is that this is being withheld at present pending publication by the council sometime in the next 3 months.

This is a report commissioned by East Renfrewshire Council - ' a building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre which the Council has commissioned'

- Presumably compiled using Council taxpayers money.

I have already contacted the leisure Trust(details above)as you are aware. Why should I contact the Leisure Trust when they say the Council(you) are withholding the report for the next 3 months?

The situation is farcical, ridiculous and quite frankly, unbelievable. This is Bureaucracy gone mad.

Again I ask the questions -

Please give details/information regarding the building condition survey of Eastwood Park Leisure Centre.

Also, Why is it being withheld?
Who is it being withheld from?
Who has received and read it?

Reply from Councillor -

You are entitled to ask questions under the Freedom of Information Act, feel free to exercise that right with the relevant body. I do not have the information you request.

My thoughts - What a farce ! Straight out of Yes Minister !!

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 6 years, 8 months ago #10

• Lynda
  • Silver
Who is this councillor that won't even answer a simple question?

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 6 years, 8 months ago #11

• Michelle
What is the big secret about this report and why are they all being so bloody minded.

Re: Eastwood Park Leisure Centre 6 years, 8 months ago #12

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
As usual you have to drag information out of the council and councillors. It should note be like this.
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds