Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

East Ren Community Councils in Crisis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 10 months ago #31

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting - DJ given recent postings by you do you have any knowledge as to who this CC Secretary is ?

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 10 months ago #32

• DJ
Sax wrote:
Interesting - DJ given recent postings by you do you have any knowledge as to who this CC Secretary is ?

Well Sax, there are only ten of us! How many do you know so how many guesses do you need?

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 10 months ago #33

• The InsidER
I now understand that Jim Sneddon has stated that he and his staff will no longer communicate with the secretary of Newton Mearns Community Council on any subject.

He has also requested that the Community Council alter their point of contact for ERC to the chair of Newton Mearns CC.

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 10 months ago #34

• Stewart
Although I do not know the full facts, it does seem to me that unless you do as you are damn well told and you expressly do not ask questions, then this council and it's officers are not going to allow you to do your job. And it seems that it doesn't matter whether you are a Cllr, Comm Cllr and/or resident.

In the past week, we have witnessed a group of MSP's visiting Clarkston, yet the local Cllrs wasn't even notified, we now have a Comm Cllr being told to go away and I have had several instances of residents writing to the Council and never even having had the courtesy of a reply.

Is it any wonder that people lose faith in politics, politicians and Councils.

I have to say I am ashamed that an officer of our council would send out a missive like that

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 10 months ago #35

• Alan Henderson
Is this another case of ERC bending the rules to suit itself. ERC have a duty to communicate with elected members of properly constituted bodies, and just because it might not like the tone or direction of that correspondence ( short of personal abuse) it must continue to keep communication open. Otherwise it could be open to being called a tinpot dictatorship.

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 10 months ago #36

• Gerry
This is unconstitutional as all communication must go through the secretary. Why is our Special Constable doing this and also the carry on with suppressing the minutes of the N&S CC. He tried this with us and if I remember the headline in the non local Pravda paper was 'Diplomatic relations will not be restored soon'.

God help us if Sneddon was working for the war office during the Second World War, there would be no dialog or negotiations with any of our enemies.

Surely we must keep doing Jaw Jaw and not War War.

Who gave him the authority to remove democracy from East Renfrewshire Council and replace it with a Dictatorship?
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds