Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

East Ren Community Councils in Crisis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #91

• Jane
  • Junior Boarder
DJ, I don't always agree with you but I'm with you 100% on this one.

I have followed the CC nominations with interest and I was quite sure there would be a considerable amount of names entered at the last minute but I wasn't sure where. My money was on Clarkston where there was one person, who is politically aware, trying to drum up support for nominees.
I'm not too surprised it is Giffnock because that certain Cllr to whom you refer (allegedly) will want an easy ride, both at CC, TRA and allotment meetings.

It looks like you have a few extras as well so good luck to you

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #92

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
@DJ Very interesting!

I have looked at Facebook and Twitter and found these comments. (Beware what you say on social networking sites, they go world wide for all to see)

oo.jpg

ooo.jpg

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #93

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
I know someone who handed in a nomination form at the reception desk at Eastwood Park and was told by staff that they could not even touch the nomination form and the person handing it in had to personally put it into the nomination box.

No one should know who was being nominated until the application had been validated by the returning officer and the details of the candidates would only be released after the closing time of 12 noon on 1st August 2013.

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #94

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
On 30th July 2013 the council web site showed 3 nominations for Giffnock CC.

On 1st August 2013 it had jumped to 15 nominations.

No one was to know the identity of the candidates until after 12 noon on 1st August 2013, yet at 1218 on the 31st this Giffnock Cllr was tweeting to one nominee and congratulating her and also saying that there were nominations a plenty and loads of new blood, and on Facebook at 2053 he was saying "All but a few are new members".

How could he know this when the results were not supposed to have been revealed by ERC until after 12 noon on 1st August 2013.

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #95

• Hhs
  • Platinum Boarder
such a pity that we could not get other anmin councilers rather than the morally bankrupt lot we have

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #96

• Billy
Sounds very suspicious to me
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds