Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

East Ren Community Councils in Crisis
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #97

• Hhs
  • Platinum Boarder
let us see how many are still attending in 3 months but i would agree very suspect

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #98

• Eddie
  • Gold Boarder
There huv been allegations that the "returning officer" fur this so called elecshun wiz a candidate at the cooncul elecshuns last year - fur the nats.
An whit party diz this cooncillur represent - the nats.
And whae's in the cooncil offise every day wey hiz burd, aye, gess who?
An whae's a part o the administrshun - same man.
An whae's fillt Giffnuck CC wae hiz pals - same man
An whae represent Giffnuck oan the cooncil - same man.

This is no suspishus. This is blatant. --Comments removed-- An the cooncil ur no ony better when they allow a blatant nat tae run the elecshun

An add tae that, it looks like that ither fase book page fae Clarkston huz noo shown it's true colors - it's run by nats an aw

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #99

• DJ
Sax, your points are well made.
I think there is enough suspicious activity here to request an investigation by the Police/Procurator Fiscal as to whether or not electoral fraud has taken place.
For the last month or more there has been a battle between myself and this dept. who were hell bent on not providing answers to legitimate questions.
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Be good if some of the Cllrs picked up on this and ran with it instead of leaving residents, such as myself, to it. Surely they must be concerned by any electoral irregularities?

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #100

• Stewart
DJ
Of course I am very concerned as to whether there was electoral fraud, as I'm sure are every resident, whether Cllr or not.

But let's be very clear, how can there be electoral fraud when there is NO ELECTION.

And I very much agree with previous posters that a couple of CC areas do look very well organised and could be seen to be politically motivated but I would think that if there no election, no electoral fraud.

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #101

• Gerry
Nothing illegal that I can see and nothing wrong with stuffing a CC full of your pals and like minded people. What is questionable is that a current CCllr would report every little detail regarding the nominations to one of the ward Councillors. This must surely bring into question his ethics and his impartiality for the next four years of the CC. What the public of Giffnock have to wonder will the Ccllr work for them or for the ward Cllr.

Re: East Ren Community Councils in Crisis 10 years, 9 months ago #102

• DJ
Stewart, Gerry: You both make good points and I don't have clear answers but let me say this.

If you look at what was held/run it breaks down into two parts:-
1 The objective desired
2 The chosen mechanism to deliver that objective.

Turn to the form issued by ERC and it clearly calls it an election (see below.)
The mechanism required a proposer and a seconder in essence to propose or vote for you with a maximum number of places. Only if the number of candidates exceeds a stated maximum does it go to stage two which filters by selection through votes those who become CCllrs. Therefore it seems to me that you can have an election regardless of whether or not a voting mechanism is employed.

scan0219.jpg
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds