Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC seeking new motto
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: ERC seeking new motto

ERC seeking new motto 10 years, 8 months ago #1

• DJ
Picked up the following after my meeting with ERC's chief Exec and Head of Legal services.
Only when I got back to the office did I realise this glossy leaflet was for ERC staff only.
However I'm delighted they're losing their old motto if not mojo as Working for you" did not work for me. Nor am I amused at the cost of the prize. Can an organisation which values it's staff really afford the loss of them for a day? Is that what it takes to motivate staff these days?.
I'm posting it as I wasn't overwhelmed with the six suggestions and thought you mind want to try to help so let's keep it civil but be creative!

ercnewmotto.jpg

ERCmotto2.jpg

Re: ERC seeking new motto 10 years, 8 months ago #2

• Why?
Ha! I smell tha haun o tha pr dept
Corrections
Your cooncil so yive nae future
Here fer oorsels
Putting people last
Destroying communities
Striving fer maer dosh
Working fer oorsels

Re: ERC seeking new motto 10 years, 8 months ago #3

• Eddie
  • Gold Boarder
Hoo aboot

We mess things up so you don't have to
or
Loads a yer money
or
Gie's yer dosh

But bein constructive, why don't they jist keep and o the suggestyuns below but add "despite this cooncil"

Re: ERC seeking new motto 10 years, 8 months ago #4

• Billy
What would be very novel would be if ERC were to be the first council in the world to tell the truth and have a big long Motto.

Despite having many middle and senior staff who are under qualified and overpaid, and having approximately 75% of our councillors who are not fit for purpose we will continue to suppress the ideas coming from the good staff and the competent councillors who want to and can work for the public, and instead we will continue with our campaign of spin and misspend your money.

Re: ERC seeking new motto 10 years, 8 months ago #5

• Stewart
Why don't we just keep the one we have and DO it

Re: ERC seeking new motto 10 years, 8 months ago #6

• DJ
Whilst this may have a serious purpose something which suggests 'we won't always please you or get it right everytime but we will always fully explain the reasons openly and truthfully which led to the decisions' might seem appropriate.

For that reason and to indicate a new fresh approach whilst hinting at an apology for past deeds whilst promising something realistically attainable I suggest the following:-

drum roll please:-

TRYING HARDER

Translates well in promoting the council as in:-

ERC - TRYING HARDER

No embarrassing bull about growing and all the other mumbo meaningless nonsense. A straight forward sustainable commitment to residents and inward investors whilst setting a benchmark for staff and Cllrs alike. Also no costs incurred (a novel idea) as I won't be taking a day off in lieu!
Whilst I offer it freely I don't want anyone else taking credit and the day off so the date stamp on this post will serve to log my copyright.

Howzat? Job done?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds