Username Password: Remember me

Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled

Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled 10 years, 5 months ago #1

• Alba Og
  • Senior Boarder
I am shocked to hear that the SDL were planning to 'protest' at Eastwood High School this coming Saturday. This was the first I'd heard of it and I am relieved to hear that they have seemingly cancelled.

Did anyone else hear of this possibility? Frightening prospect!

Re: Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled 10 years, 4 months ago #2

• lasercow
  • Administrator
I am disgusted - I'll be on the opposite side of the line supporting a mosque in my back garden if these idiots every turn up.

By suggesting a ridiculous location to the Muslim communities for a much needed Mosque, then trying to create the impression that the protest is somehow anti-Muslim and racist on national TV and in the press, Jim Fletcher and ERC have invited these scum into our community.

Disgusting behaviour attracts disgusting people, and that's exactly what's happened here. Thanks Jim! ER has been brought into disrepute by the actions of its leader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alba Og

Re: Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled 10 years, 4 months ago #3

• Alba Og
  • Senior Boarder
There is also a Facebook page whose administrator openly entered into dialogue with a known member of the SDL. There were also anti-Muslim comments permitted on this page. These have now been deleted, but there are screenshots.

This will also have contributed to these morons trying to interfere. Should they ever turn up, I will be defending a mosque alongside yourself.

Re: Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled 10 years, 4 months ago #4

• lasercow
  • Administrator
If it's the FB page I am thinking of, I think they have done a very good job keeping it "clean". There's always a very small minority that take advantage of situations like this, to spread their poisonous views.

Re: Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled 10 years, 4 months ago #5

• Hhs
  • Platinum Boarder
mr fletcher is a disgrace he has brought this to our doorstep,what a leader!! all people who read his disguting opinion of the people of n.m. in the extra should complain to the standards commision in edenburgh.rather than help as we have, he has gone out of this way to try and divide our community ,he will not succeed.

Re: Reports of SDL protest at Eastwood High cancelled 10 years, 4 months ago #6

• Gloria
The local rag has a story about the SDL applying for permission to march and comments against them from Smurph, but the usual unbiased journo has missed out anyone from NMCC, BN and never mentioned that all this was caused by Fletchers outrageous comments.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds