Username Password: Remember me

Councillor in hot waters
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Councillor in hot waters

Councillor in hot waters 7 years, 2 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Courtesy The Extra

Cllr. Vincent Waters accused The Extra of acting illegally.

JOHN A. MACINNES

A councillor who The Extra revealed last week was claiming to be homeless may now be the subject of a complaint to the Scottish Housing regulator.

Councillor Vincent Waters, an SNP member who represents Ward Three, Giffnock and Thornliebank approached East Renfrewshire Council where he is Convener for the Environment, which includes housing matters, advising he was homeless and was placed in a two-bedroom fully-furnished flat.

Cllr Waters has also alleged this week, using social media, that The Extra illegally obtained the information contained in last week’s story.

We assert our reporting was based on good old-fashioned investigative journalism, and urged Waters to report his concerns to Police Scotland.

To date, we have heard nothing.

Cllr Waters launched into an insulting tirade against a number of people on his Facebook feed after they had responded to his offer to ask if they wanted to know the truth, leading one, a Mr Andrew Montgomery to complain to ERC over the housing debacle.

Mr Montgomery told The Extra: I’ve made a formal complaint to ERC to ascertain how Cllr Waters received a two-roomed fully-furnished homeless flat, and on the basis of the response I receive I have it in mind to report this situation to Police Scotland for the consideration of a prosecution.”

At the time of going to press Cllr Waters had not responded.

Re: Councillor in hot waters 7 years, 2 months ago #2

• lasercow
  • Administrator
I can't see the tirade, anyone got a screenshot? Or has he deleted it?

Re: Councillor in hot waters 7 years, 2 months ago #3

• lgm
It's still there. VW calls him a troll. Look at Twitter

Re: Councillor in hot waters 7 years, 2 months ago #4

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Don't see it! He did report me to FB once for asking him questions, maybe I'm blocked from some of it. I can just see Tom Sawyer's post...wonder who that is?! Seriously, some people need to put more effort into their fake Facebook profiles!

Re: Councillor in hot waters 7 years, 2 months ago #5

• lgm
The paper didn't say it was Twitter. It is still on Twitter.

Re: Councillor in hot waters 7 years, 2 months ago #6

• Geddes
If I recall Vinnie was reporting this matter to the press complaints commission who don't exist any more of course but let's not spoil Vincent's fantasy world with actual facts shall we?
In addition he was speaking to a lawyer he claimed , a prospect so laughable as to be preposterous .
And the coup de grace...the police!

Absolute cloud cuckoo land drivel
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds