Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Licensing Committee Meeting(Council Chamber) - Tuesday 14 March 2023 at 10.00am
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Licensing Committee Meeting(Council Chamber) - Tuesday 14 March 2023 at 10.00am

Licensing Committee Meeting(Council Chamber) - Tuesday 14 March 2023 at 10.00am 1 year, 1 month ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Business Operations and Partnerships Department
Council Headquarters, Eastwood Park, Rouken Glen Road,
Giffnock, East Renfrewshire G46 6UG
Phone: 0141 577 3000
Date: 10 March 2023
When calling please ask for: Jennifer Graham, 0141 577 3016
E-mail: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

TO: Councillors P Edlin (Chair); A Convery (Vice Chair); Provost M Montague; Councillors D Macdonald; and A Morrison.

LICENSING COMMITTEE
A meeting of the Licensing Committee will be held in the Council Chamber, Council
Headquarters, Eastwood Park, Giffnock, on

Tuesday 14 March at 10.00am.

A pre-meeting for Elected Members will take place in the Council Chamber at 9.30am.

The agenda of business is listed below.

Louise Pringle
L PRINGLE
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS

1. Report apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest.

Resolution to Exclude Press and Public
It is recommended that the committee passes the following resolution:-
"That under Section 50A(4) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973, as amended, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the undernoted items of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraphs 6 and 14 of Part I of Schedule 7A of the Act as appropriate".

Paragraph 6 – Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (other than the authority) – all Items.

Paragraph 14 – Any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime – all items.

3. Private Hire Driver’s Licence – Application for Grant – Report by Chief Officer
(Legal and Procurement) (copy attached, pages 3 - 6).

4. Private Hire Driver’s Licence – Application for Grant – Report by Chief Officer
(Legal and Procurement) (copy attached, pages 7 - 10).

5. Private Hire Driver’s Licence – Application for Grant – Report by Chief Officer
(Legal and Procurement) (copy attached, pages 11 - 14).

A recording of the public part of the meeting will be available following the meeting on the Council’s YouTube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/eastrenfrewshire/videos

This document can be explained to you in other languages and can be provided in
alternative formats such as large print and Braille. For further information, please
contact Customer First on 0141 577 3001 or e-mail

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

You can read Agenda on Licensing Committee webpage here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/licensing-committee-140323

(Reports/Objections are not published and can only be obtained via FOI request}

Although Council fail to mention above the Private part of meeting is recorded -

The Chief Officer (Legal & Procurement) wrote on 2 February 2023

'I am also advised that the exempt part of proceedings are now being separately recorded for the clerks’ use which obviates the need for written notes. These recordings are made as single computerised files.'

Re: Licensing Committee Meeting(Council Chamber) - Tuesday 14 March 2023 at 10.00am 1 year, 1 month ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
From: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 20 Mar, 2023 At 09:14
Subject: Re: Licensing Committee meeting 14 March 2023.

Item 3

Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Business Operations and Partnerships Department

Sent: 16 March 2023 09:35
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Graham, Jennifer < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Eamonn

I do need response.

Would appreciate courtesy of acknowledement/response.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

From: "Graham, Jennifer" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Thursday, 16 Mar, 2023 At 09:26
Subject: Automatic reply: Licensing Committee meeting 14 March 2023.

I am out of the office returning on Thursday 23 March and will deal with your enquiry then. If you need a response before I return, please contact Eamonn Daly ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ).

To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Thursday, 16 Mar, 2023 At 09:26

Hi Jennifer

Would appreciate courtesy of acknowledement/response.

Thanks

To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Tuesday, 14 Mar, 2023 At 16:28
Subject: Licensing Committee meeting 14 March 2023.

Hi Jennifer

I refer to Licensing Committee meeting 14 March 2023.

Which, if any, of these Agenda Items were held over from 14 February 2023 meeting.

3. Private Hire Driver’s Licence – Application for Grant – Report by Chief Officer (Legal and Procurement) (copy attached, pages 3 - 6)

4. Private Hire Driver’s Licence – Application for Grant – Report by Chief Officer (Legal and Procurement) (copy attached, pages 7 - 10).

5. Private Hire Driver’s Licence – Application for Grant – Report by Chief Officer (Legal and Procurement) (copy attached, pages 11 - 14).

From response to FOI request - Extract from Letter from ERC to Applicant dated 14 February 2023 -

'I refer to your participation at the Licensing Committee of 14 February 2023.

I write to inform you that your application......has been postponed to the next Committee on 14th March 2023......'

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds