ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cllr MacDonald "need to understand the issues surrounding the lack of racial diversity at this council and need to find solutions to improve things"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cllr MacDonald "need to understand the issues surrounding the lack of racial diversity at this council and need to find solutions to improve things"

Cllr MacDonald "need to understand the issues surrounding the lack of racial diversity at this council and need to find solutions to improve things" 7 months, 2 weeks ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
16/9/2023

Posted Cllr David MacDonald facebook page -

www.facebook.com/MacdonaldTheIndependent

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.
1 d ·

There has never been a single person elected to East Renfrewshire Council that has not been white.

There has never been a single person appointed within the senior corporate management team as either a Director of a department or as Chief Executive Officer that has not been white.

East Renfrewshire Council is very unique in this regard and my hope is that we see more people stepping forward to run in elections that are from ethnic minorities.

I also want to see change in the future to see more people from ethnic minorities hired into the most senior positions that are qualified.

There are a vast amount of highly qualified individuals from BAME backgrounds.

They are just not being employed at this council in proportionate numbers respective to the area.

We need to understand the issues surrounding the lack of racial diversity at this council and we need to find solutions to improve things.

East Renfrewshire Council is now 28 years old.

It's well past time.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds