Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Migrants fuel need for Green Belt homes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Migrants fuel need for Green Belt homes

Re: Migrants fuel need for Green Belt homes 11 years, 4 months ago #19

• lgm
We do not need immigrants to grow....we need our unemployed to work at the jobs immigrants do. No point in our system employing immigrants, sending child benefits etc to their families abroad, when the money could be saved in unemployment benefits, housing benefits etc and our own could contribute to our economy instead of being a drain on it.

Another thing about immigrants is they have proved they are willing to relocate to where the work is. Our lot want jobs in their familiar back yards, if they want jobs at all. It is easy to say you wish you could work, but many actually are only saying the words - they would faint if they had to get up in the morning. Those desperate for work do exist, obviously. Most have either been made redundant or are uni / school leavers, The latter often expect to walk into high paying jobs, and while many will make do with a lesser job, others think low paid graft is beneath them.

But too many have been raised in families that work the benefit system....and I think anyone on benefits long term ought to work a few hours in the week for the community, if only to give them a reason to get up some days, and the experience of achieving something....they may even learn something.

Re: Migrants fuel need for Green Belt homes 11 years, 4 months ago #20

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Hi folks it would appear that we are now deviating wildly from the topic of the thread and I have created a new one just for the topic of Catchments, all of the previous posts on this thread that refer to that topic have been transferred.
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds