ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Garden Waste Permit increase to £60 - Notice calling-in the Cabinet’s decision submitted - Wed 8 February 2023 at 1.00pm - Audit & Scrutiny Committee
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Garden Waste Permit increase to £60 - Notice calling-in the Cabinet’s decision submitted - Wed 8 February 2023 at 1.00pm - Audit & Scrutiny Committee

Re: Garden Waste Permit increase to £60 - Notice calling-in the Cabinet’s decision submitted - Wed 8 February 2023 at 1.00pm - Audit & Scrutiny Committee 1 year, 1 month ago #13

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Wallace, Gordon (Cllr) This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
30/01/2023 14:07:49

Call-In Request - Signatory confirmation
To: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Copy: "Morrison, Andrew \(Cllr\)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
"Edlin, Paul \(Cllr\)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
"McLean, J \(Cllr\)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
"Campbell, Kate \(Cllr\)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Please take receipt of this email as evidence of my being a signatory to the request to call in the Cabinet decision of 26th January 2023 in reference to Item 7 – Addition to Charging for Services 23/24
Kind regards
Gordon
Gordon Wallace (Cllr)
Giffnock & Thornliebank (Ward 3)

Morrison, Andrew (Cllr) This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
30/01/2023 13:34:52

Call-in Notice
To: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Copy: "Wallace, Gordon \(Cllr\)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
"McLean, J \(Cllr\)" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Dear Eamonn,
Please take receipt of this email as evidence of my assent to being a signatory to the request to call in the Cabinet decision of 26th January 2023 in reference to item 7 – Addition to Charging for Services 2023/24.
I am copying in Gordon and Jim for their information.
Signed,
Cllr Andrew Morrison
Newton Mearns North & Neilston, Ward 2
Scottish Conservative & ist Party

Campbell, Kate (Cllr) This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
30/01/2023 12:50:33

Call-in

Good morning Eamonn,
Please take receipt of this email as evidence of my being a signatory to the request to call in the Cabinet decision of 26th January, in reference to Item 7 – “ Addition to Charging for Services 23/24 “.

Thank you. Regards,
Kate
Cllr Kate Campbell
Clarkston, Netherlee and Williamwood Ward 4
Scottish Conservative & ist Party

Edlin, Paul (Cllr) This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
30/01/2023 10:30:32

Request to recall Cabinet decison...

Dear Eamonn,
Please take receipt of this email as evidence of my being a signatory to the request to call in the Cabinet decision of 26th January 2023 in reference to item 7, Addition to charging for Services 23/24.

Signed:
Paul Edlin.
Paul Edlin,
Councillor, East Renfrewshire Council,
Ward 5, Newton Mearns South and Eaglesham.

Re: Garden Waste Permit increase to £60 - Notice calling-in the Cabinet’s decision submitted - Wed 8 February 2023 at 1.00pm - Audit & Scrutiny Committee 1 year, 1 month ago #14

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Screenshot47.png

Screenshot48.png

Re: Garden Waste Permit increase to £60 - Notice calling-in the Cabinet’s decision submitted - Wed 8 February 2023 at 1.00pm - Audit & Scrutiny Committee 1 year, 1 month ago #15

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
++++++++++

Nowhere in the above does ERC give the DATE and TIME when the Call-in Notice was received

++++++++++

Re: Garden Waste Permit increase to £60 - Notice calling-in the Cabinet’s decision submitted - Wed 8 February 2023 at 1.00pm - Audit & Scrutiny Committee 1 year, 1 month ago #16

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
To: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Geddes, Craig" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Tuesday, 28 Mar, 2023 At 10:35
Subject: Re: Freedom of Information(FOI) Request for Review - 5087-7867-6071-3343 - Audit & Scrutiny Committee special Meeting Wed 8 February 2023 @ 1.00pm

Hi Gerry

Thanks for this.

I seem to have individual emails from signatories but not copy of the actual call-in email?

What attached file contains the actual copy of call-in email?

thanks

Sent: 28 March 2023 11:42
To: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Geddes, Craig < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: Freedom of Information(FOI) Request for Review - 5087-7867-6071-3343 - Audit & Scrutiny Committee special Meeting Wed 8 February 2023 @ 1.00pm

Hi Gerry

Sorry, in addition to last email a bit more info required for clarification.

The file Call In sheet - garden waste you attached would appear to be copy of a standard Call In Sheet filled in and only signed by Cllr Jim McLean .

It is not date or time stamped when received by ERC.

How was this completed Call In Sheet provided to ERC by Cllr Jim McLean?

By hand? By email attachment? Other?

How were Cllrs Edlin,Campbell, Wallace, Morrison informed that they had to email confirmation to Eamonn Daly as below?

Word of mouth? Email? Other?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 29 Mar, 2023 At 09:14

there is no accompanying call-in e-mail, just the call-in notice itself. That is not unusual as the notice is self- explanatory and is very often handed in physically by the relevant councillor.

Regards
Gerry

From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 29 Mar, 2023 At 09:19

The call- in sheet is typically presented by hand so in the absence of any accompanying e-mail I would assume this was the also the case in this instance. The supportive e-mails would have been prompted by the Councillors' discussions amongst themselves whether at a party group meeting or by telephone or e-mails between themselves, none of which are held by the Council.

Regards
Gerry

To: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 29 Mar, 2023 At 09:30

Hi Gerry

Why is the call- in sheet not date and time stamped when received?

When was it received? Date and time?

Thanks

Sent: 29 March 2023 15:35
To: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Geddes, Craig < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Gerry

I was hoping to conclude this matter today, but need this call-in sheet date/time received info below in order to do so.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Cc: "Geddes, Craig" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 29 Mar, 2023 At 15:43

Technically it's not part of the FOI process.... as it is not recorded information, nor is it within my general remit so I will need to check the position and get back to you.

My understanding is that there is no date/time stamp applied - the relevant officers in Democratic Services will refuse any applications made after the deadline so there is no need to record any such detail.

Given the lapse of time I very much doubt the exact date /time will be within the memory of the officers involved but I will ask.

Gerry

Re: Garden Waste Permit increase to £60 - Notice calling-in the Cabinet’s decision submitted - Wed 8 February 2023 at 1.00pm - Audit & Scrutiny Committee 1 year, 1 month ago #17

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
If ERC via Eamonn Daly/Linda Hutchison had included the Call-In Notice and Date & Time of receipt in Appendix as part of Paper presented to Audit & Scrutiny Committee, would have saved a lot of further time and effort for all involved.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds