Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Have your say on the Council Budget
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Have your say on the Council Budget

Re: Have your say on the Council Budget 11 years, 4 months ago #13

• lasercow
  • Administrator
We did actually consider organising a mass placement request for OLM, but there wasn't much enthusiasm. We don't want a religious-themed education.

Plus you'd be at the mercy of the Education Dept to get into St Ninians, as you would need another placement request for that.

Mind you, with the falling standards at St Ninians, why would we?

Apparently he didn't quite get the intended tone right with this letter. The Robslee jungle drums were on fire on Thursday night, and we sought clarification. It's more of a criticism of the ridiculousness of the situation, brought on by segregation of children.

Re: Have your say on the Council Budget 11 years, 4 months ago #14

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Carolside Sportshall

I don't understand this - how can the council justify £800k on a religious tube, when they tell other parents there is no money available? As John Wilson repeatedly told us, there were no plans for OLM to take over the Robslee building - this only occurred to them after the closure, and they were able to find the money (nearly a million pounds) at short notice. Either that or he's a lying b****** and this was the plan all along. Take your pick.

The council won't grit, adequately light or provide a lollipop operative for the "safe" route from Robslee to Giffnock.

Re: Have your say on the Council Budget 11 years, 4 months ago #15

• Concerned ERC Parent
Nothing to do with segregation of children. Nothing to do with treating one sector better than another. As both still face major uncertainty.

No what the kids have been thrown out for is new kids or more kids. Kids that will move into the new homes that they need to clear space for. That they think will solve all the problems:

Building Boom

I thought they were skint?

Re: Have your say on the Council Budget 11 years, 4 months ago #16

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Maybe they can splash some of that cash on the Giffnock Primary roof - it's full of holes and leaking water right into the school. R was talking about a big puddle outside her classroom....inside.

That building is an embarrassment to the Council. It's older than Scotland St School. They can throw money at it to patch it up, but it will just be chucking it down the drain.

Re: Have your say on the Council Budget 11 years, 4 months ago #17

• Concerned ERC Parent
If we were part of Glasgow or South Lanarkshire would the building be rebuilt?

Re: Have your say on the Council Budget 11 years, 4 months ago #18

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Concerned ERC Parent wrote:
If we were part of Glasgow or South Lanarkshire would the building be rebuilt?

I imagine it would have gone in the last round. If you wanted to merge Robslee and Giffnock for reasons of place provision, you would build a new school on the Robslee site.

I was talking to some of the people involved in the Save Bearsden Cross Primary campaign. They are being merged in a new build. The council argue they are being moved away from the busy centre, to a quieter location, surrounded by green space, with the opportunity for an outside classroom to "help further environmental studies and the curriculum for excellence".

So basically Robslee going to Giffnock in reverse - we've had all that taken away! Another group of people who can't believe what they've done to us. It's not fun telling other school closure campaigners what the council got away with - closing Robslee was a green light for every other local authority to close whatever school they like. It just happens that all other authorities are trying to improve the outcomes for the children, not sabotage them like ours.

ERC pass rates for highers down across the board, back to 2009 levels. I don't see them crowing about that.

I was going to comment on the FB page, but I just sound like a complete misery guts moaning all the time Our schools/children are still the best in the country, but maybe not for long. Am I a bad person for wanting East Dunbartonshire to go ahead?!
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds