Username Password: Remember me

Local Elections May 2022
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Local Elections May 2022

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #19

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
14/3/2022

Some comments posted on Cllr David MacDonald's facebook page regarding his open letter(Above Post)

- I’m fairly sure David McDonald was chosen by the SNP for those exact reasons … to confuse people.
Or is it a massive coincidence?
Or am I being cynical?
4 h

- you are being cynical. My husband, David Tam McDonald, has lived in stamperland for more than 8 years and has been a member of / volunteered for the SNP in this area for all of that time. His name (including middle name) is the name his parents gave him - a name held by goodness knows how many other people of similar age in Scotland. He was chosen because he is an excellent candidate with a desire to serve his local community. Why should he be refused the right to stand because he has a common name? People need to accept the situation and stop with the conspiracy theories. Choose the candidate with policies you agree with and stop bad mouthing others over something absolutely outwith their control.
3 h

- Hello! Good to know that that is his name and it’s just a coincidence.
Don’t worry/ I’m not bad mouthing him at all. (Afraid I don’t know him)
Just the situation you see.
I am however considering changing my name to Annette (scott) Ireland and standing as an independent?
Might be fun!
3 h

- maybe he should have aligned himself with a more honest and transparent party. Perhaps if he was more visible in helping the community we'd all know who he was and this type of announcement by a well known independent wouldn't be necessary. I look forward to seeing his future contributions that will make him unforgettable as a candidate. There's no conspiracy theories but if your husband is going to put himself out there then you should be ready for public disapproval - it comes with the job.
1 h

- I think it's totally dodgy. Following the adverse affect on the Green list vote due to a fascist group having "Green" in their name in the May elections, you'd think parties would try to avoid confusion.
If it's not intentional, it lacks foresight....
4 h

- Please correct the information in your open letter, my husband does not, and never has been known regularly as Tam McDonald. Stating so suggests he is using David to cause confusion which is untrue. He is only ever known as David or Dave in everyday life.
3 h

www.facebook.com/MacdonaldTheIndependent/

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #20

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
15/3/2022

Cllr David MacDonald has posted on their facebook page -

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people. updated their status.
8 hrs

I commit to run an election campaign based on putting forward positive ideas and not to engage in negative personal attacks on any opponents.

I will, however, reserve my right to express disappointment in decisions elected members have made that have adversely affected the communities that they currently represent.

This is not enaging in personal attacks.

This is merely reminding the electors of the facts so they can undertake their own research and make an informed decision.

If an individual decides to enter the arena of becoming a councillor and makes bad decisions then they have to be prepared to stand by those decisions and to accept the criticism for them from the public and from political opponents.

It's called politics and it goes with the territory.

If some councillors expect never to be criticised while in this job then they are in the wrong job.

www.facebook.com/MacdonaldTheIndependent/

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #21

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Video put up by Cllr Annette Ireland on her Facebook page.

Seeking votes in the forthcoming election, together with David Tam McDonald.

In the video 'Tam' says that he is standing in the local election of 4th May 2022.

(Sorry Tam the election is 5th May 2022)

He also said they were walking from Netherlee to Williamwood School and he says they were leaving at 0750 am

At the end of the video he said they arrived at 0745 am

www.facebook.com/annettesnp/videos/1038982763354612

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #22

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
On Glasgow World 14th March 2022 Cllr Annette Ireland is quoted as saying,

“I am asking all of my fellow candidates, in the upcoming local council elections, to sign the pledge and challenge each other on our local policies. Not engage in personal attacks."

At the full Council meeting on 3rd March 2022 Cllr Annette Ireland said,

" It is good to see that Cllrs Aitken and Macdonald will actually be doing some work"

It is good to see that she keeps to her word.

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #23

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
17/3/2022

East Renfrewshire Council facebook post -

www.facebook.com/eastrenfrewshirecouncil/

East Renfrewshire Council
15 March at 16:02 ·
Those planning to stand as candidates at the council elections in May, can now formally submit nomination papers.

Deadline: Wednesday 30 March at 4pm.

For support in checking the forms are submitted correctly, email

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

or call 0141 577 3033.

Re: Local Elections May 2022 2 years, 1 month ago #24

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
22/3/2022

Cllr Annette Ireland facebook page -

en-gb.facebook.com/annettesnp/

Cllr Annette Ireland
14 March at 10:54 ·
First Bus Campaign
We're asking First Glasgow to bring back the 404 service.

For some time now local Netherlee families, myself included, have been having serious issues as a consequence of First Bus’s decision to remove the 404 service before and after school.

These buses were essential for pupils traveling to Williamwood High School.

We are asking First Bus to restore the service so that our young people can get to school on time.

Both myself and David Tam McDonald for Ward 4 decided last week to walk the walk and travel the route that my own son and others have to walk every day.

It’s 2.6 miles there and back to school and on days with bad weather this must feel so much further.

What happens, as a consequence of First Bus’s decision, is that many parents are having to drive their children to school.

This is causing additional congestion on our roads and is quite simply bad for our environment.

First Bus may well be a private company but they are providing a public service; this service needs to meet the needs of the communities they serve - before profits.

Please join us in asking for this service to be brought back.

You can contact First Bus here

www.firstbus.co.uk/help-and-support#formholder

Cllr Annette Ireland
14 hrs ·
Just brilliant weather over the last couple of days to be out campaigning to get our buses back from First Bus.

Delivering public transport surveys locally from myself and David Tam McDonald for Ward 4 and having some great chats with residents along the way

Let’s get these buses sorted!!
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds